024 || Little talks

One week into the winter break, Benji came to visit me. He was set to stay with me for a whole week. We had so much fun. We went out on Charles's boat a couple times. The Monegasque driver was so sweet with kids.

We did a lot of other things as well, but his favorite was when Lando would drive him around in his Mclaren. He loved cars.

Lando was amazing with him. I was almost beginning to think that he loved Lando more than me.

To be clear, I wasn't jealous of their relationship. I was happy they were so close. Benji adored him, and that was all that mattered.

I also had another date with Lorenzo. Everything was going great. He was funny and a lot of fun, and I enjoyed his company. Leyla and Ann always wanted every detail of our dates. Actually, now that I think about it, Lando was usually very silent when we talked about him.

"Benj, this is Lorenzo. Lorenzo, Benjamin."

"Hey there, little guy." Lorenzo put his hands on his knees to bend down to Benji's level.

"Hi." He replied flatly. I frowned. He was usually really happy to meet new people. "Are you Riri's boyfriend?" He crossed his arms. My jaw dropped.

"I, well... uuumm..." I was at a loss for words. Benji eyed Lorenzo up and down, clearly not impressed with what he saw.

"I guess I am." Lorenze cleared his throat. I smiled at him. "Can I?" He turned to me.

My smile grew as I nodded. He grinned and gave me a kiss. I quickly pulled away at Benji's gasp of disgust. I laughed, my hand still on Lorenzo's chest.

"Gross!" He wrinkled his nose. I chuckled and lifted him up onto my hip.

"Aw, don't worry, Benny. I still have plenty of kisses left for you!" I kissed his cheeks, making him squeal with delight.

Then the door to my apartment opened, and Lando strolled in. He threw his jacket over a chair, not seeing us. He caught sight of us and smiled. I finished kissing Benji and looked up at him. I put him down.

"I'm sorry, do you live here?" I crossed my arms over my chest with a smile. Lando's eyes sparkled with laughter.

"Lanny!" Benji smiled, running towards him.

Lando grinned and picked him up, spinning him around a bit before setting him back down. Begni giggled, swaying a little. Lando chuckled.

"I still think that name makes me sound like a nanny. But I'll allow it." He smiled. "Only from you, though." He added quickly as I opened my mouth.

"Hey, Lan." I gave him a quick hug. His hand gave my back a couple soft strokes before letting me go. He took a small breath, smiling at me.

Lorenzo was watching us, his jaw clenched slightly. I looked back and gave him a smile. Lando's eyes fell on him, and I swear I saw them harden.

"Who's this?" He asked, eyeing Lorenzo.

"This is Lorenzo." I grinned, introducing him. I slipped my arm through his. "My boyfriend."

That was the first time I had ever said it out loud. I liked it. Lando gave him a curt nod and shook his hand. He seemed okay, but when I looked at Lorenzo's hand, there were white marks from Lando's grip. 

"Lorenzo Silva." He cleared his throat a little, subtly rubbing his sore hand. I gave his arm a small squeeze. "I know who you are." He plastered on a fake smile.

"Good," Lando said coldly.

"So anyway..." I broke the tension. Lando didn't break eye contact with Lorenzo. I felt a little uncomfortable. "Why did you come over? Everything okay?" I asked him, trying to change the topic.