Vol.18 Ch.16: Jin's Reponse

Due to the risk of being ganked, Jin didn't push hard during the second minion wave.

"My, for a moment there, I was sure you'll push," Cato said.

"The risk not worth it," Jin said matter-of-factly.

"Yes, that's true." Cato nodded. "But, I expected you to underestimate them all the way. So, I'm glad to see that you're not throwing caution to the wind entirely."

"Some risks are worth it, some not. Also, I can't fully underestimate them. They managed to give you trouble, after all."

"That's... true, I suppose." Cato's ever-present smile twitched slightly. "But, I assure you, we would've won this game even without you."

"Maybe. But, it's unnecessary risk," Jin argued. "This team should not lose, even in scrims."

"True, true. After all, we're the 'regional champions', right? We have to win it all, both in scrims and in official games."

"Right."

"So, may I know what's your plan from here on out?" Cato asked. "Are you going to push again in the next wave?"

"Yes. Once Jungler gone, I push."

"I see." Cato nodded. "Keep in mind that your opponent seems to be an expert in defense, so he might be able to block you. So, please try to not force it too much."

"Unlikely. Defending is all he knows. His skill level not high."

"Perhaps, but we can't rule any possibilities out. This is only the second time we see him in action, after all."

"Hmph. Alright." Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see a hyper-defensive player on that team. Wasn't "offense" their entire team's mantra? But, turns out they had a "trump card" like this.

There was no denying that Phoenix's defense stood head and shoulders above the rest of his team's. Even though Jin usually didn't think much of the skill level of anybody in this region, he still had to admit that Phoenix handled the previous push quite efficiently. That technique of drawing the swordsmen to the side required delicate execution, and Phoenix deserved at least a 7/10.

It seems I'll have to ramp up my aggression. Jin concluded. I won't be able to snowball much until I crack this guy's defense. But, will they give me enough freedom to do that?

Judging by the previous game, Stratus' strategist enjoyed applying remote pressure by making the Jungler stick around Top. In fact, he had done exactly that in the most recent wave, too.

This time, Jin respected the presence of the enemy Jungler and chose to not push. But, was that caution really warranted against opponents of this pitiful level?

Well, if I want to be objective here, then yes, this warranted some caution. Jin conceded. After all, they did push the Leopards team to a corner, and Vanishing contributed plenty toward that.

Despite Jin's personal feelings about the region's low skill level, he had to admit that a certain degree of caution was required. When Vanishing was nearby, Jin couldn't be as bold as he would have liked to be.

Well, this round she's in Bot. Jin analyzed. And, there aren't any signs of her rotating over here.

The next minion wave was about to clash in the lane, yet a ward revealed that Vanishing was still hanging around Bot Jungle. And, there was no chance of that reveal being falsified, as Vanishing was playing Drow and not Ninja in this game.

Technically, Drow could also create a "clone" that would be spotted by a ward. However, Drow's clone couldn't move around the way Vanishing was doing right now, therefore she had to be the real deal.