35

𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃

𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃.
          𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘇

Delilah still had Skylar so the following night, I was getting ready to go out again with Cat like we planned. We were going to hit up a reggaeton nightclub which I was really looking forward to since Cat and I were both Latina.

Of course, I was ridden with mom guilt. I missed my daughter and worried consistently about her yet I didn't feel ready to have her back with me. I deserved my fun. I just hoped I didn't get too fucked tonight so I wasn't too hungover in the morning when I had Sky back. I wanted to be my best self so that I could be a better mother.

I was taking Cat's advice. I was going to at least try to make a change even though it was going to be difficult.

Tonight, I felt really good.

I was confident, lively and there was a thrill inside me.

As I bent over the bathroom counter to snort another line of coke, I knew exactly why. By now, the baggie was empty — the last of its contents poured out all over the counter.

I'd had my fun with the drug now. I wasn't going to take it again.

I wiped my nose and sipped more of my drink as I got on my phone and texted back Cat. My vision was blurry and my hand was trembling so the text had typos throughout. Of course as a lightweight, I was already drunk.

I was ready to head out. My hair was blown out, my makeup was flawless and I had on a silk dress. I was proud of myself that I was able to make a continuous effort with the way that I looked again. I felt like my old self, despite the blow and the alcohol.

I quickly put on a pair of heels and grabbed my purse before I headed out to meet Cat.

"That vato over there has been checking you for the past ten minutes, girl." Cat gestured her head in the direction of a man standing by the bar as we danced together in the crowd, shaking ass and swaying our hips to the Spanish music.

"Ten minutes? That's enough time to come over here and approach me. He's clearly not confident and I don't like guys like that."

"Oh so you want him to approach you? Is what you're saying?"

My cheeks flushed. "Now I didn't say that."

By now, Cat and I had been in the club on our feet for hours. My heels were killing me but I was having too much fun to even think to sit down.

"Well I think you spoke to soon because here he comes."

I snapped my gaze in the direction of the bar to see that the man was no longer leaning against it. I glanced at his moving figure as he made his way over to me but then quickly looked away. He had probably noticed that Cat and I were talking about him.