8

𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶

          𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶.
          𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘇

As soon as class let out, I was out the door as quick as I could've been. I walked through the hallways alone, heading to make my way out of school. It was no surprise to me that I found that I was always alone in this building.

I'd quickly lost touch with Naija and our friendship had turned into a sort of hi and bye thing which I wasn't exactly upset about. It was never like I had really made friends with the other girls either. I wasn't too mad about it. At least I had Delilah as soon as it was home time.

"Look at her walking." I overheard from two girls I was walking past, causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

"Excuse you? You talking about me?" I questioned back. It seemed to surprise them that I talked back, seeing as I was real quiet and to myself around here. Today, I was just not the one.

"And if we are? What you gon' do?"

I chuckled. I looked one of them up and down. She seemed the type to drag bitches across the floor. On the other hand, I'd never had a fight. While my patience was running low today, I wasn't trying to find out my strength when it came to tussling.

I kept walking, wanting to be the bigger person, until they called out to me.

"You think you better than us?"

"I'on know but that's clearly what you think since you starting on me so unprovoked."

She rolled her eyes. "You think you better than everybody here just cuz' you fuck wit' em older peoples, right? You be walking around here wit' that Moncler on thinking you so pretty that you can't fuck with nobody like you too good for us."

"That's quite an elaborate assumption. You must think about me a lot."

They turned to each other and started laughing together. "Who the hell this bitch think she is, Dej?" The other one said.

"Why don't y'all go start with somebody who's actually gonna reciprocate your ghetto ass energy?" I said watching Dej begin to tie up her hair like she was about to fight somebody. "I'm too mature for this shit. Sorry."

"Oh you too good to fight? Cuz what you need is to be humbled, bitch." She said stepping towards me. Some heads started to turn. Deep down I was frightened yet I stood my ground in front of everybody. "You tryna say we immature or sum?" She said pushing on me.

A crowd was starting to form.

"Hell yeah!" I said, pushing her back. "You can bet on that stiff ass wig of yours that's exactly what I'm tryna say."

"Ouu, bitch!" She yelled and finally went to drag me by my hair.

Suddenly, Naija came out of nowhere and swooped in. She stepped between us, "Fuck going on?" She yelled louder, pushing Dej so hard that she hit the lockers. "Y'all got beef?"