Chapter 22: Perhaps^

...

"Giyuu!"
Tanjiro giggles

The young demon boy pushes Akaza's hand away from his eyes to see Giyuu. Tanjiro smiles widely upon seeing him. He reaches out for Giyuu but Akaza holds him close still. Giyuu unsheaths his katana, his emotions hiding behind his stoic expression. In return to his actions-Kokushibo and Akaza stare him down.

Something throws Giyuu off for a moment. No it wasn't their glare, or the fact he's faced with two uppermoons; not at all. It's Tanjiro. Giyuu's heart skips a beat when taking a closer look at Tanjiro. He a demon now!? They turned him into a demon! He was too late. Thoughts race through his mind.

His grip on the handle of his katana tightens and his body becomes stiff. For the next few moments no one moves. Not a word spoken. Not a sound heard. Then, Tanjiro:

"Giyuu, you found me!"
The poor child says

He has no idea of how much of a bad situation they're in. How much danger Giyuu is in. For another moment it's quiet. Until, finally, Giyuu shifts. He changes his stance and is immediately met with Kokushibo doing the same. Giyuu is the first to make a move. He lounges forward to attack them.

Kokushibo uses a counter attack to deficit it. Tanjiro screams from the sudden fighting. Akaza moves away from the two, with Tanjiro, as they start fighting one another. Tanjiro goes wide eyed when seeing the sudden hostility from both parties.

"W-wait! Stop!"
Tanjiro yells

Though no one listens to the small child. Akaza just covers his eyes again so he can't see anything, and therefore-won't be able to complain. All Tanjiro can hear is their katanas clashing together. This only leaves him frightened and imagining what could be happening with them at the moment.

Tanjiro struggles against Akaza to remove his hand. He pushes himself from Akaza's hold in which he falls to the ground. There is no need to worry, for he is ok. He only took a small tumble. Akaza growls in annoyance as Tanjiro escapes him. Tanjiro stands up and rushes over to Giyuu and Kokushibo.

Giyuu had taken a few hits so therfore he is bleeding but not enough to die. The two see Tanjiro run over, looking like he's on the verge of tears, and stop. All fighting comes to an end for a second. But only for that second. They wouldn't want to hurt baby Tanjiro after all. You wouldn't either, would you?

"Why are you fighting!?"

"Tanjiro, stay back."
Giyuu says

Tanjiro just puffs his cheeks in defiance and walks right up to Giyuu. He stands in front of Giyuu as some sort of human shield. Even if his tiny body does little effort to do so he still tried.

"Why are you hurting him Koko!? Don't hurt Giyuu!"

"Tanjiro, move."

"No!"
Tanjiro yells

A moment passes and the four are having a stare down. Akaza stands on the sidelines watching, not really caring enough to do anything himself. Kokushibo and Giyuu's gazes move between each other and the small child demon in front of them. With one last, long look at Tanjiro, Kokushibo is the first to sheath his blade.

Giyuu sees this but still doesn't display any sign of trust. He hesitates to stand down. It was only when Tanjiro looks up at him with a pleading look did Giyuu also sheath his. Still with displeasure of the demons as he does though. Tanjiro sighs in relief but is still worried about what's to happen next.

"We won't fight if that is what you want."

"Really?"
Tanjiro aks

The boy is in need of reassurance and looks at Kokushibo with big eyes. Kokushibo nods to confirm his afore mentioned statement.

"Good. Now help him, you hurt him!"

"Tanjiro, I'm ok-"
Giyuu starts

Tanjiro cuts him off by grabbing him and dragging him closer to the two demons. Giyuu immediately tenses from the uncomfortable proximity of them. Tanjiro points to Giyuu and stares at Kokushibo with a stern look. Well, as stern as his adorable little face can make.

"You better help him."

"..."
Kokushibo stays quiet

Tanjiro then goes on to scold them and whine about how it's bad to fight. Saying how you shouldn't hurt your friends. Akaza finds it somewhat amusing but troublesome at the same time.

'This totally won't end in disaster.'
Akaza thought

He snickers to himself. Giyuu and Kokushibo have to sit there and endure Tanjiro's scolding. Yes. He made them sit so they're his height. Funny really.

.
...

Bruh I hate this. I literally spent 30 minutes fighting with this because it was acting up so bad.

That aside, I sped typed this just now while eating Gushers. I don't care how old I am, if my mom comes home with a 'surprise' and it's a box of Gushers I will immediately tell her how much I love her. Love my mom <3

She did in fact come home from work saying she has a surprise then casually whipped out a box of Gushers.