Chapter 16: What if...(#2)

(⚠️Artwork is not mine⚠️)

...

Tanjiro and the three uppermoons are out at night in a forest. Little did they know is that this forest is near a village that a a demon slayer has been sent to.

They are walking around looking for a human to eat. Tanjiro also wanted to go out so that's why they're here too. Douma has already found a random women and is munching on her leg. He is teasing Akaza by waving the women's leg infront of him.

"Douma stop! I swear to God I will kill you."

"Aw, c'mon Akaza-dono~"

"Quiet both of you."
Kokushibo orders

The two keep fighting, Kokushibo trying to ignore them. He looks at them and tells them to stop fighting which they do finally. Once Kokushibo looks back he sees that Tanjiro is no longer hoping around ahead of them. Kokushibo snarls as he looks back at Akaza and Douma.

"Great, now we lost him."
Kokushibo says

They stand there in silence.

...

All three of them run off in different directions to find him.

...
With Tanjiro
...

Tanjiro had ran off following the scent of something familiar. He runs through the forest closer to the village, where the scent is coming from.

-On the other hand-

Giyuu is walking through a forest near the village. He's walking around until he hears small and hastened footsteps getting closer to him. Sounds like that of a child running. What child would be out at night in the middle of a forest?

Giyuu unsheaths his katana and raises it. He stares at the direction the sound is coming from. The bushes rustle for a moment. A small figure rolls put of the bushes and look up at him from the ground with a smile.

"Giyuu!"

"Tanjiro..?"
Giyuu asks

He sheaths his katana again and kneels down in front of him. Tanjiro smiles up at Giyuu as he sits up. Giyuu looks into his eye's...his pupils are a slit and he has fangs. He is shocked by what he sees.

"Tanjiro...you're a demon"

"Oh. Yeah, I forgot about that"
Tanjiro replies

He stares blankly at Giyuu then gets up and hugs him, his smile coming back.

"A mean man hurt me. I think he turned me into a demon"

"How did he look like?"

"Micheal Jackson."

"What."

"..."
They are both silent

Tanjiro blinks rapidly with a blank expression. He then just shurgs and smiles and laughs. Giyuu stands up and so does Tanjiro.

"Wait here"
Tanjiro says

He runs off into the forest again. He runs back the direction he came from. While running to find Giyuu he ran past a group of flowers so he went back to get them. When he finds them again he plucks them all. He walks back to Giyuu with the flowers in hand while smiling and humming.

"I'm back! Look, look!"
Tanjiro exlaims

He presents the bouquet of flowers to Giyuu. He holds them up for him. Giyuu stares at them.

"For you"

"...Thank you"
Giyuu thanked Tanjiro

Giyuu takes the flowers and Tanjiro seems happy. Giyuu is still pondering the fact that Tanjiro is a demon. He's not to worried as he seems to still act like his kid self.

"Come. Let's get back to headquarters. I need to let the other's know the situation..."

"Mh? Ok!"

Giyuu picks up Tanjiro and hurries back to headquarters.

...
With the uppermoons
...

Akaza is looking around, walking down a random path. As searching for Tanjiro he hears two voices speaking. One sounds that of an older male with a monotone voice. The second sounds like a small child. A small child that he knows. Akaza makes his way closer to the voices. It's to late by the time he finds them. Giyuu had run off with Tanjiro in his arms

'Well...All this work for nothing'
Akaza thinks

...
Akaza runs back to the other's and tells them what he saw
...

"Nooo! Not babyjiro!"

"Stop screaming! He's not even your kid"

"That doesn't matter"

"You kidnapped him-"

"How could you say such a thing, Kokushibo! I just found him, picked him up, and took him with me!"

"That's called kidnapping."
Akaza rolls his eyes

Douma is still saying how it's not kidnapping and that it's; 'taking in a helpless child'

...
At headquarters
...

All the Hashira has already been called to stop the search for Tanjiro as Giyuu found him. Giyuu had also already told them Tanjiro's situation.

Giyuu sits on the porch, where Kagaya sits, with Tanjiro in his lap. The sun is still up so that's why they sit there, to avoid the sun. Tanjiro doesn't understand why he can't be in the sun.

"So, you mean to tell us the brat has also turned into a demon? He didn't just turn into a child but now a demon?"

"He doesn't seem to be a threat"

"I agree with Shinobu!"
Mitsuri said

All the Hashira continue with the meeting trying to figure out what to do. Tanjiro frees himself from Giyuu's hold and gets up from his lap. Giyuu watches him do so and watches as Tanjiro walks around him. Tanjiro does it in a marching kind of walk when circling him. Giyuu takes his eye's of Tanjiro for a split second to blink.

...

Tanjiro is running towards the edge of the platform they're on. He's almost touched by the sun when he gets yanked back. Giyuu reacted fast and pushed his body forward while reaching out to grab Tanjiro. A loud thud follows after this because of him falling onto the floor when reaching for Tanjiro.

The thud causes the other Hashira's to look over. They blink at the cause. Giyuu on the floor, faced down, holding onto the back of Tanjiro's haori? That's a first.

Giyuu sits up again and pulls Tanjiro away from the edge.

"Ara ara, Tomioka-san, I've never seen you react like that to anything before~"

"Then look harder"
Tanjiro says

Shinobu smiles but is clearly mad as she goes silent. Well, clearly mad to Tanjiro because he can smell it.

"Hahahaha! It seems that their rivalry from chapter 2 hasn't changed!"

"..."
All the other Hashira are quite

They look at each other then back at Rengoku. In return Rengoku just stares ahead with his arms crosses and a smile on his face.

...
Lord. Who let him break the forth wall.
...

After a few minutes Uzui decides to speak.

"How flamboyant!"

"..."

"Alright my children, let's not do that again"
Kagaya says

He says this in his usual soft, smooth voice and smiles. They all nod. They go back to talking about the situation.

_______

Anyway.

I didn't know what to do for this so yeah. The picture up top is basically what inspired the beginning of the chapter and then it just went on from there.

It's a little early, you're welcome