Chapter 18: Babysitting 2.0

...

Babysitting Tanjiro: Phase 1

Once Tanjiro had woke up all the uppermoons gather again. Douma is talking to Tanjiro while the others stare. They silently look at each other then back. They are still trying to figure out what to do with the small demon child.

Tanjiro is still adjusting and learning about being a demon. He touches his fangs, tugging them a bit. Tanjiro presses his finger against one of his fangs. It peirces through his skin, drawing blood. He flinched when it did, he pouts because of it. Tanjiro whines to Douma though his finger had already healed.

"Dou-douuu, I don't like this! It hurt me!"

"You're not-"

"Whaaaa!! It hurt!"

"Tanjiro, it already healed..-"
Douma mumbles

Tanjiro stops crying. He looks at his finger to see it has indeed healed. The other uppermoons watch in confusion.

"Oh"
Tanjiro says

That is all he can say. He just shrugs and starts playing like normal. The uppermoons look at each other while all thinking the same thing:

'What the f-'

———

Babysitting Tanjiro: Phase 2 (part of 1)

The uppermoons are talking amongst themselves. Tanjiro is sitting in a corner with his back facing them. Akaza, who isn't interested in the conversation, looks around to see Tanjiro. He raises an eyebrow, looking at him with an inquisitive look.

With Tanjiro's back turned to them he can't quite see what he's doing. Akaza can only see his arms moving in a way that looks like he's tugging something. He slips away from the group then walks over to Tanjiro. Akaza stands next to Tanjiro with his arms crossed.

"What are you doing?"
Akaza asks

Tanjiro looks up at him with no words. Akaza takes a moment to process the what he sees. He sighs then looks over at the other uppermoons.

"He pulled his tooth out."

"Oh ok- wait, what."

"Look!"
Tanjiro exlaims

He stands up and faces them. He holds one of his fangs up high. Tanjiro smiles wide, bleeding from where he pulled his tooth out. In a few seconds it grows back. He frowns and starts tugging on the newly grown tooth.

"What are we going to do with this kid"

———

Babysitting Tanjiro: Phase 3

All the uppermoons are doing there own thing. Tanjiro is also doing his own thing. He walks back and forth between the uppermoons, watching them. He ends up walking over to where Daki and Gyokko sit.

"Hi"

"Oo~ hehe!~ Look who it is!"

"Ugh, the kid"
Daki rolls her eye's.

Gyokko grins at Tanjiro with his usual grin. Tanjiro, in response, looks up at him.

"Would you like to take a look at my lovely art pieces? Let me know what you think! Hehe!"

"Oh, ok!"
Tanjiro smiles

Gyokko then makes a couple vases appear with a smile. Three vases are lined up next to each other. All three have different designs. One have waves on it, the second has a dragon like design on it and the last having mountains and trees on it.

Tanjiro takes a close look at all three of the vases. When he sees the last vase he stares at it a bit longer then the others. He doesn't know why but it reminds him of a place. He can't quite remember where it reminds him of.

"They're all nice but I like that one the best"

"Ooh!~ Interesting choice indeed! The mountains, the trees, very much holding emotion. I like the way you think!"

"Are you really asking the kid what he thinks? It's just a vase-"

"It is not! It is a work of art!"
Gyokko shouts

He is offended that Daki would even say such a thing. Gyokko and Daki start bickering all the while Tanjiro just sits and smiles at the vase.

His gaze stuck on the vase, one word comes to mind:

'Home'

.
...

It's a short chapter but I tried. School is starting Monday but I'll try my best to keep updating.

Whether you already started school or not: Have a good school year. ^^