Chapter Fifteen

By the time we get back to the flat in London, I am dreading going inside. I recoil at the feeling of having to pack. I cringe at the thought of building boxes and labelling them, hoping I packed them well enough, so the things inside don't break. Then waiting for them to arrive and hope they don't get lost. It makes my skin crawl.

But Thomas makes everything okay. He thought ahead, and well, Betty is welcome of any distraction to her grief. So she has packed almost everything Thomas asked her to. The things we use most often in boxes in the living room, and everything else in small boxes, categorised for us to just confirm if we want to bring it or not.

"I love your mum." I tell him as within an hour and a half, we lay together on his bed with 99% of the flat packed. A pile for donation big enough to make me feel good about myself.

"She loves you too." He chuckles. "I still can't believe what you did Hannah." He whispers in my hair, making me blush and hide my face in his chest.

"It's so strange being in here." I say, looking around when I calm down, changing the topic. "I feel like this room should be more familiar."

"I know, it feels natural to be this close already, but the last time we were in this flat, we hadn't even kissed yet." He says, rubbing my back.

"It's hard to imagine." I whisper, making him smile. "It's one of my favourite things." I tell him as I lean over to kiss him. I was hoping for a proper kiss, but he only kisses me lightly, so I pull back.

"If it wasn't for the hall full of people and the need to do things to sustain our existence, I'd still be at that alter, kissing you. I didn't want to stop." He says, playing with my hair.

"I know." I smile happily. "I guess if we forget the marriage for a moment, we're friends with benefits now." I tell him as I lay back down next to him.

"Exclusive best friends with benefits." He corrects me, making me laugh and nod.

"Lots of benefits." I say, kissing his neck.

"Not those kind of benefits. Not for you." He says, pulling away, climbing back on top of me to pin me down to the bed. "You're in a lot of trouble, princess."

"Punish me then." I say eagerly.

"I am. I'm not giving you what you want, princess." He says simply. "I'll be nice, I'll always look after you. But you're not getting an orgasm from me until you've made up for today and then earned one."

"Please." I groan, needing a proper release.

"Awe that's cute princess. No way." He says and shakes his head.

"Play with me." I frown.

"No." He says, reaching down to kiss my forehead. I pout, but my eyes close as he kisses my forehead, always taking the opportunity to take in the feeling. Part of me always scared it will be the last chance.

"How do I be good?" I ask gently as he pulls back. "What do you want me to do?"

"Just, as I ask." He says simply. "And you know how to be good princess. At least you know how to pretend to be." He smiles. I roll my eyes and he smiles as he gets off, letting me get up.

"I'm getting a drink. Would you like one Sir?" I ask dramatically. Thomas smiles and nods, leaning back happily with his hands under his head. "What would you like?" I ask at the door.

"Just water will do." He says. "Cold." I nod, even though at his angle he can't see me. I flip the kettle on, something he can hear since I left his door open, but I do it to misdirect him. I slide into my room, and I get changed into some lingerie. I pull the thong up so he will be able to see the thin waistband on my hips from under my sweats and I take off my jumper. I slip on the matching red lace bra, and I go put on a tight t-shirt that I let naturally sit at my waist instead of pulling it all the way down.