Chapter Seventeen

"Hannah." I hear, an eager voice waking me up. I groan, but hear it's Thomas, and he sounds so excited. "Hannah, wake up." He says, gently brushing his hand over my shoulder.

"What?" I ask, squinting as I sit up.

"We got the house." He says, making me properly wake up. "The house, it's ours. Raj can meet us any time today to give us the keys and sign everything." He adds, beaming at me. I push myself forward and launch myself at him, my arms around his neck as we fall back together, laughing.

"It's ours?" I ask, needing to hear it again.

"It's ours Princess." Thomas nods. "The contractors guaranteed the condition, the owners were happy with the offer I made. We sign the papers and get the keys today."

"When can we move in?" I ask.

"Well I'm paying in full so, soon. As soon as the owners have the money." Thomas says.

"Wait, you are?" I ask.

"Yeah." Thomas shrugs. "Why bother with a mortgage if we don't have to."

"Well, let me pay half." I say quickly.

"No." He laughs gently. "It would be almost all of the money you got for the wedding." He says, shaking his head.

"Thomas, please." I groan.

"It's a gift." He says, pushing my hair back, smiling up at me. "I'll let you pay for some stuff for the house." He offers, seeing my pout.

"Fine." I sigh, climbing off of him. "When can we go?" I ask, getting excited again.

"After breakfast if you want." He says. I nod gently and he gets up, hugging me as we stand together. I wrap my arms around him and nuzzle in. I find so much comfort in his chest, so I don't let go. He lets me hold on for a while, until I'm recharged. I have a quick shower and we head downstairs together excitedly.

"So, which bedroom do you want?" He asks as we sit for breakfast.

"Which do you want?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes. "And you're getting it." I demand. Thomas rolls his eyes and smiles.

"Probably the one closest to the stairs, so I can just walk in and flop into bed as soon as possible. After a long shift or something." He says.

"Makes sense." I smile.

"You can have it, if you want it." He says quickly, making me glare again.

"No, I want the one next to it anyway, it overlooks the garden." I tell him, remembering the view. "I'm just glad we share a wall now."

"Princess." He breathes out. I raise my eyebrow, waiting for him to tell me what his problem is. But his phone rings, and he takes the call with his bank. With our luck, Thomas and the soon to be previous owners of the house have the same bank here, we might close on the house today.

The excitement gets to us, we chow down and jump into Thomas's car because I want to experience that car too. Thomas drives, and we stop by a drive thru to grab some tea, to calm down.

"That is not tea." I frown, sipping mine.

"What do you expect? We're not in England anymore." Thomas says, smug that he ordered something nice. "Have some of mine." He says kindly. I smile and sip his, sighing happily.

Raj says we can meet at the house, so we go to our soon to be home and Raj quickly lets us into the house. We walk through to the kitchen, and I kiss Thomas before we sit around the kitchen table, needing his lips to calm down.