Chapter Nine

"You have got to be kidding me." I say as I open Chloe's engagement gift to me. "A photo shoot?" I ask.

"A boudoir photoshoot. My sister did one for her wedding and she still talks about how good the sex was on her honeymoon. She's divorced." She says. "It's a female owned studio and so is the photographer I booked you with."

"I mean... this is so... thank you." I say, hugging her as I remember my manners. If I was properly getting married this would be perfect, but this feels a little awkward. I think it would be good for me, I like feeling sexy and I'm just getting that power back. Giving the book of photos to Thomas though... I don't think is a good idea.

"Just name your first baby after me and we're good." She says as she starts her meds round. I smile and see I have time for lunch, so I head downstairs, finding Thomas down there waiting for me. He passes me my lunch and I sit down on my usual chair.

"What do I do about a wedding gift that is supposed to be a surprise for you that I don't think I should give you?" I ask as we eat.

"How bad is it?" He asks.

"It would be amazing for a normal wedding." I tell him. "For us... mildly inappropriate." I add. "It's nonrefundable since the date had to be moved up with the wedding."

"Oh." He says and sits back, thinking. "Is it something about love?" He asks, glancing over.

"Not really." I tell him honestly. "Only very vaguely I suppose. Doesn't have to be."

"Will I be watched, opening it?" He asks.

"Almost definitely." I tell him. "People like seeing the reaction to the gift."

"Then I'd say tell me beforehand. Doesn't have to be now. So I can prepare." He says.

"Yeah, I'll look at it first and give you an accurate warning." I agree. "If you like it you can keep it though." I add.

"The suspense is killing me Hannah." He says, making me laugh.

"We're getting married in three weeks. You'll survive." I assure him. I don't know how Betty did it. She got a whole wedding planned in a month, a luxury one at that. The invites are out, and the dress is ready. We are pretty much just counting down the days.

"I'll miss this place." He says.

"Yeah, I do like this hospital. I learnt so much here and I met my best friend here. We'll come back though, I'm sure." I smile.

"Definitely. Maybe for our anniversary." He smiles. I sigh happily and Thomas slides his chair properly next to mine so I can rest my head on him. Things have gotten better since our talk. Now that we both know where we stand it is so much easier to be around each other. We haven't done anything; we haven't even kissed. We just needed to talk. Something I think we'll take with us in our marriage.

Betty is obsessed with the idea of the photoshoot when I tell her. I need transport to the studio, and I don't want to give Thomas any hints. Part of me wants to surprise him and see his honest reaction. Betty picks me up and takes me to the studio, telling me how excited she is the whole way. Her excitement makes me so happy, but I admit I am happier to be in the calm studio.

I meet Janice, the photographer and we go upstairs without mother-in-law to be. I have a bag of lingerie I bought especially for this shoot and after discussing how things work, I get changed and we start shooting fairly innocently at first. I stole one of Thomas's shirts, so I wear that at the beginning, going topless, letting the fabric of the shirt cover me loosely. Janice teaches me poses, getting on the bed and the sofa, or leaning on the wall to show me what to do. She puts on some sexy music in the background, and we shoot for a while, taking extra photos of me when I'm in my white set, as it fits the theme.