Chapter Eleven "A DANGEROUS LOVE AFFAIR 2"

Picture above Cameron's house.

Hunter brought Cameron down the mountain back to the city Cameron riding on the back of his massive wolf. Thorne met them on the out skirts of the city with clothes for Hunter. After waiting for Hunter to phase and get dressed, Thorne held out his hand to Hunter holding two vials of colourful liquids. "Here. I thought you might need this and I was right. Your scent is all over him and it's over powering. Any wolf or any other supernatural will smell it on him from a mile away."

Hunter, his expression serious, solemnly took the vials from Thorne's hand. "So, it's safe to assume that both mom and dad know what's going on."

Thorne was just as serious as his brother in answering, "yes. But we'll talk about it when we get home. As it is we need to get Cameron home now. His parents will not accept him spending another night away from home."

"Alright, later. Lets go."

Cameron couldn't remain quiet any longer. "Guys wait. What's going on? What's in those bottles?"

Hunter turned to him, his expression changing to one of loving adoration. "It's nothing for you to worry about ok." He held up the vials for Cameron to see more closely. "My mother sent these. They're for you to use. Until we figure things out no one else can know about us. So in the mean time you'll have to bathe with these to not just mask my scent, but to get it off you completely. Ok" Hunter explained gravely. Cameron nodded in all seriousness and took the vials from his hand. Hunter leaned in and kissed him gently. "Come, lets get you home. Your parents are worried about you and you have school tomorrow."

They all got into Thorne's car, Thorne switching seats with Hunter so that he could drive and Cameron taking up the back. It was a quiet drive back into the city, each one lost in his own thoughts. Once inside the city, Thorne directed Hunter to Cameron's house. Pulling up in front of the drive way, Hunter came to a stop and cut the engine.

No one made a move to get out or to break the silence. An air of nervousness prevailed throughout the car. Finally Cameron couldn't take it any longer and blurted out the burning question that was on his mind. "When will I see you again?!"

Hunter turned in his seat to look at Cameron, he studied his face, memorizing every detail before he answered, "Soon. I'll let Thorne know ok. He'll bring you to me." Hunter's voice was husky, choked with emotions that he couldn't express. Cameron's head swivelled over in Thorne's direction, a question in his eyes.

Thorne stared at him a moment, also searching his face, looking for answers. What he found made him nod his head saying, "I'll take you to him. If that is what you want."

Cameron's worried expression instantly transformed into one filled with relief. He beamed a smile at Thorne in gratitude before turning to Hunter and smashing his lips against his. Thorne turned his head away not wanting to bear witness to their ardour.

Hunter finally broke the kiss and pressing their foreheads together Hunter cupped Cameron's face in his hands, "You have to go. But we'll see each other soon ok." Hunter's voice was soft, filled with loving reassurance. Cameron nodded and then reluctantly broke away from Hunter and got out of the car.

Cameron walked backwards towards his house, stumbling, almost falling, but he refused to take his eyes off of his lover until he had no choice. They held each other's gaze until Cameron's back hit the front door. Reluctantly Cameron waved his hand goodbye before turning around and opening the door and walking inside. He closed it softly behind him and leaned on it squeezing his eyes tightly closed, taking a deep breath to calm his raging heart. “You’ll see him soon." He kept chanting these words in his head like a mantra.

..................... AND SO IT BEGAN

Over the next few months that followed Cameron and Hunter carried on a torrid and torturous love affair aided by Thorne and Hunter's parents. They were two destined mates that were not free to be together. Forced to meet in secret and to carry out a clandestine relationship.

The cabin became their place of solace, their haven, their reprieve from the momentous obstacles that they were facing. It was were they solidified their love for each other. They spent endless hours making love, exploring every facet of each other, talking and getting to know each other inside and out. It was where they were free to be together in all abandon, if only for a short time.

It was were Hunter educated Cameron on the supernatural world. Cameron learned that 90% of the people in the city were some kind of supernatural creature. Most of them wolves, faeries and vampires or a combination hybrid of two or more species. The other 10% of the people were humans mated to a supernatural. So there children were half human and half supernatural. The supernatural genes of course being dominant, allowing them to still have their powers. There were very few humans in the city that didn't know about the super naturals.

Cameron learned that all supernatural creatures were born. You couldn't become one from just getting bitten. Vampires didn't really turn into bats and the sun didn't strike them dead, and while blood was their main source of nutrition, they did in fact eat human food and gave birth. Vampires were allergic to garlic, the same way that werewolves were allergic to silver.

Cameron learned that while super naturals weren't technically immortal, they did live extremely long lives and aged slowly. They were also immune to all diseases known to man. And once a human became mated to a supernatural and they became soul bonded, the human takes on that immunity and longevity of life as well. Only dying when or if their supernatural mate dies.

Cameron was fascinated by all that he was learning. He lived for the times when Thorne would take him to the cabin to be with Hunter. He also dreaded those times as well. Every time he had to say goodbye to Hunter, Cameron feared that it would be the last.

The stress of their situation wore Cameron down. He lost weight. He became ill, or so he thought. He seemed to be losing, yet gaining weight, he was often plagued with sudden and inexplicable bouts of dizziness and nausea. Foods that he used to love, he could no longer stand the sight of and what made him even more stressed was the fact that they had yet to find a solution to Hunter's impending marriage to Bethany.

Meanwhile Bethany had forged ahead with the wedding plans. There was no stopping her, she was determined to marry Hunter, to become queen and take her rightful place as she saw it, upon the THRONE OF WOLVES as their queen. She practically moved into the guest wing of the mansion. Taking control of the preparations. Demanding Hunter's time and attention. She was a force to be reckoned with.

Her presence, so close made it even more difficult for Hunter to find time to be with Cameron at the cabin. This of course made Cameron stress even more. His grades were even beginning to suffer. He became withdrawn, both at home and at school. The only time there seemed to be any life or spark in him was whenever Thorne was scheduled to take him to be with Hunter. It all came to ahead in gym class.

They were playing basketball, nothing serious, just having some fun before breaking for Thanksgiving holiday. Cameron suddenly felt dizzy and did not see the ball that Brant threw at him. The ball hit him in the head. Cameron waivered a moment before collapsing onto the court, his head bouncing of the surface with a sickening thud as blackness claimed him.

A shocked gasp reverberated around the room. For a moment every one froze, then suddenly they all sprang into action. Thorne was the first to reach him, screaming for someone to call an ambulance. The scent of Cameron's blood permeated the air and several of the students who were vampires had to be restrained by the wolves and removed from the gym. Thorne, Bryan, Brant and the others stood guard over Cameron, waiting for the ambulance to get there.

Thorne mind linked Hunter. "Hunter, you need to meet me at the hospital. Cameron's hurt." The blood froze in Hunter's veins at Thorne's words. He was in a boardroom meeting but he didn't care. His wolf came to the surface, his eyes flashed golden as he looked around the room and ordered everyone out. He linked back to Thorne. "What the hell happened? You're supposed to be watching and protecting him" He snarled through the link.

"I'll explain later. Just get to the hospital and bring his parents with you, we're almost there." Thorne cut the connection and Hunter snarled out in a vicious rage, storming out of the boardroom.

Hunter and Cameron's parents arrived at the hospital a little while after Thorne and the ambulance. Cameron had been whisked away by the team of doctors that had been waiting for his arrival. Thorne had called ahead and made sure that they were prepared and waiting.

Hunter barely managed to remain calm, not wanting to let his emotions get out of control and reveal his relationship with Cameron. Hunter allowed his parents to ask the questions, while he had a silent conversation with Thorne through their mind link.

What seemed like hours later, the doctor finally came out to address them. They bombarded the doctor with questions. The doctor raised her hand for silence. After everyone had quieted down, she turned and inclined her head respectfully at Hunter. He nodded at her in response.

She addressed them all as a group. "Cameron is ok. He has however suffered a mild concussion. Right now he is still unconscious, but he should be awake soon. We will keep him overnight just for observations. If he doesn't develop any complications through the night he will be able to go home in the morning." The doctor finished and was once more verbally attacked by questions. "One at a time , please."

"Can we see him" Cameron's mother choked out. "Yes. You and his father may sit with him until he wakes up. The rest of you may see him, but only for a short period ok. I don't want him overwhelmed or worked up. He needs to rest. I'll be back to check on him later."

Hours later Cameron slowly regained consciousness, turning his head and barely opening his eyes. "Where am I?" His voice cracked and he choked. "Shhhh, don't try to talk just yet. Here have some water." He was greeted by the comforting sound of his mother's voice. She held a cup with a straw to his lips and with one hand held his head while he sipped from the straw. The water felt good on his parched throat, even though swallowing was a bit painful. When he'd had enough he turned his head away and his mother gently laid it back on the pillow.

Cameron looked around the dimly lit room realizing that he was in the hospital. Looking back at his mother, "What happened? Why am I in the hospital?" Cameron was genuinely perplexed. "There was an accident in the gym, you fell and hit your head. You suffered a concussion and you've been unconscious for a few hours now." His mother started crying as she finished telling him.

Her words jogged his memory. Cameron remembered feeling dizzy just before he was hit with the ball. Cameron looked over at his mother, "Mom can you go get the doctor for me . I need to talk to them." He barely managed to keep the anxiety that he was feeling out of his voice.

His mother looked over at him perplexed, but decided not to ask him any questions. She left the room and was immediately pounced upon by the others waiting. They new he was awake, they had heard him. She told him that he wanted to speak with the doctor before he saw anyone.

Both Hunter and Thorne quickly mind linked the doctor and told her that she was needed. As Cameron's mother turned away to go to the nurses station to request for them to page the doctor, she drew up short as she saw the doctor walking briskly towards her. "Wow. You have perfect timing. I was just going to ask the nurses to page you. Cameron is awake and wants to talk to you." She smiled at the doctor, relieved that Cameron was finally awake after hours of worrying about him.

The doctor entered Cameron's room and quietly closed the door. Cameron turned his head to her and whispered "Please, secure the room." She was shocked, but walked over to the wall and behind a panel pressed the hidden button that would render the room soundproofed. She turned back to him, "I take it you know about us".

"Yes. Now tell me what is really wrong with me?" He stared at her with anxious eyes. She took a deep breath before replying. She knew what he was asking, "You're pregnant."