Chapter Seven HARD DECISIONS 2 'The Morning After'

Picture above Hunter's Bathroom

HUNTER'S POV..........

I was awakened by the insistent and persistent feeling of someone pushing against my mental barriers. My wolf growled at being disturbed, not just from our slumber, but from the warm cocoon that we were wrapped in with our mate.

I gently disengaged myself from a deeply sleeping Cameron. I stared down at his sleeping form and drank in his angelic appearance as he slept on unawares. I leaned in slowly and placed a gentle kiss on his beautiful lips before leaving the sanctuary of the bed.

The pushing at my mental blocks continued unabated. I ignored it. I wasn't ready to face whoever it was, or whatever was going on that had them trying to reach me so urgently. I wanted to savour what little time I had left with my mate. I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that whatever was going on spelt disaster.

I made my way into my bathroom, I didn't bother to stop and look in the mirror. I new what I would see. GUILT. Guilt and recrimination for what I had allowed to happen between me and Cameron. I got into the shower and turned it on full blast and hot. I braced my hands on the shower wall and bowed my head as the hot water beat down on me.

As it turned out, I was not so selfless after all. Yes, I was prepared to give my mate up for the greater good, for the sake of my people, but more importantly for his own safety.

But I am weak. Weak to all the emotions that the imprinting and subsequent mate bond had unleashed within me. I couldn't give him up without touching him. Tasting him, learning and experiencing everything about him. Watching him respond to me as I explored his body, discovering all his sensitive places and just how he liked to be touched was the experience of a lifetime. Listening to the sounds he made as I pleasured him and brought him to his peak over and over again, undid me. He constantly took my breath away.

Yes, I cannot deny that being with Cameron and making love with him was the most amazing experience of my entire existence. The memories of his scent, his tastes, his textures, the feel of his skin and the sounds of his moans, will stay with me forever. I will have them to sustain me through the endless nights and days of loneliness that I now see stretching before me.

I may try and justify my actions by saying that I just wanted to experience being with my true mate for just one night. But there was no justification for what I had allowed to happen. I was weak and selfish. I was selfish to give into my own needs and personal desires. I needed to hold him just once. I needed to make love to him. If only for just one night. Before I let him go and watch him walk out of my life.

Thirty minutes later I shut of the water and sighed deeply. I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off before wrapping a towel around my waist. I finally looked at myself in the mirror, my resolve firmly back in place. What happened between me and Cameron last night cannot be repeated. I cannot allow it to happen again.

I hated myself. I hated what I was about to do. No longer being able to stand the sight of myself, I turned away from the mirror in disgust and made my way into my walk in closet and got dressed. I was about to rip my mate's heart out by rejecting him.

After getting dressed in a pair of plain black jeans and a black t-shirt, I went back into the bedroom and once again just stood there and stared at Cameron sleeping peacefully. I decided not to wake him. I left the suite and headed downstairs to finally find out what is going on.

On reaching the bottom of the stairs, I lowered my mental barriers and was immediately bombarded by the thoughts of my parents and brother, which gave me an instant headache. "What the fuck? Guys calm down, you’re killing me here. Now one at a time. What's going on and where are you?" I growled at them all through the mind link.