limbos gate Part 1 ~13

"So What do you see?" Asked Ranpo from the earpiece.

Atsushi looked around the dimly lit tunnel, finally laying eyes on large graffiti writing that read 'limbos gate' in stylized letters containing many different shades of purple.

Beneath the lettering was a black arrow just as sizable, pointing straight ahead.

"Something about limbos gate? And an arrow pointing straight." The silverette finally answered, directing his quiet words into his sleeve.

"Well, just as well to follow the arrow and move forward huh?" The two could practically hear Ranpo smirking. "Just remember to tell me what you see every now and then."

"Understood." Replied Atsushi in a hushed voice.

The silverette looked back at his partner who stood calmly against the wall, staring back as he had noticed the boy glance over.

It was incredibly quiet in the enclosed tunnel, causing echos of the silverettes pounding heart to bounce against the walls and towards the ravenette.

"Are you having a heart attack weretiger? Should I be concerned?" Akutagawa joked, pushing off from the stone wall.

Atsushi shook his head and grabbed at his chest, trying somehow to stop his heart from screaming. "Good to know that you understand jokes now." The silverette chuckled nervously.

Akutagawa coughed out a small laugh. "Practice makes perfect."

Atsushi hummed in agreement, though it was more or less a noise he could make to feel less awkward.

"Let's get going..." the silverette mumbled, starting to walk with Akutagawa trailing close behind.

"Are you not going to tell me?" Akutagawa was exceedingly close to Atsushi now, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.

Atsushi shiverd. "Tell you what?"

"Why you're heart was behaving the way it was."

"Ya Atsushi-kun~ even i could hear it! And see it being recorded by that fancy ring you're wearing~" Ranpo cut in from the earpiece, obviously entertained by what he considered a horribly done romcom. Not to mention, it was clear that he was popping small candies and crunching on pop corn the entire time.

Atsushi sighed. "Do we really have to talk about this now? We're in the middle of an important mission. Can't you humiliate me later?"

"It was just a simple question weretiger. Admittedly, I'm rather curious."

Atsushis cheeks flared with frustration and embarrassment, and at this point, he was beginning to develop a headache.

"...just- ugh... Every time I look at you, i just remember--- remember what we did on the surface... I'm just... still embarrassed okay..?" Atsushi attempted to keep his voice from shaking, whilst maintaining a low volume.

"I see."

"...is that it?"

"I told you that i just wanted an answer. So yes, that's it."

Atsushi grumbled. "You're a pain in the ass."

"Yes you are." The ravenette shot back with a quiet chuckle.

Atsushi scoffed playfully as the two continued to saunter along the tunnel.

Now that Atsushi thought about it, was it natural for men to kiss other men? Was it abnormal and wrong? Whilst in the orphanage, he has only ever been made aware of love between a man and a woman.

So was what they did wrong? Even if it did not mean anything, he still wished to know.

He felt different around his partner, it was not a terrible feeling, but he could not say it was a pleasant feeling either.