what's the meaning of this? ~8

"Hey! C'mon Akutagawa, aren't you supposed to be the mafias dog? What happened to our ravenous canine?" Laughed a man, his image blurred by the tears once used to lubricate the ravenettes eyes.

"I understand that you're stressed about that fight with that rich blond prick awhile back, and i know you stayed up all night looking for information about Higuchis disappearance... but it's three in the afternoon. Your back must be hurting by now."

Ryunosuke blinked a few times, allowing him to clearly see the man in front of him.

Chuuya Nakahara. The ginger renowned for his astounding height of 5'3 at the ripe age of twenty two, and his horrible ability to control his anger induced outbursts.

Ryunosuke sighed, lifting his head from his arms. He was sitting at his desk, papers surrounding him like soft wisps of snow. Among the paper was a foreign object to his desk, a laptop, the reflective black screen showing him how dark his eye bags have become.

He rubbed his eyes and stretched, the sound of his back cracking as he turned from side to side filled the silent area, making Chuuya cringe.

I must've fallen asleep here last night. Ryunosuke thought to himself, remembering how hard he had to fight to keep his eyes open, all while he tried to absorb the little amount of information they had on Higuchis disappearance.

Chuuya sighed and pulled an empty chair up to his colleagues desk, sitting down with his legs crossed.

"Did you have that dream again?" Chuuya knew the ravenette well enough by now, and he knew that when Ryunosuke was anxious, he had nightmares about the fateful night his family was murdered.

The mans bright blue eyes reflected genuine concern, understanding full well how he felt.

"More like nightmarish recollection." Ryunosuke murmured in response, albeit tiredly.

The red haired man grabbed a flask from a pocket within his coat, his name lovingly engraved upon the metals lustrous surface. Ryunosuke recognized the metal flask as a gift given to Chuuya from the brunette that used to mentor Ryunosuke. It was the last thing he had given the ginger before leaving, and never coming back.

"I'm surprised that thing still has alcohol in it, it is past three after all." Ryunosuke rested his head upon his hand, looking quite smug after his comment.

In response, Chuuya took a swig, trying not to make it obvious that he had filled it up a few times that day.

Soon after, Ryunosuke shifted with unease, wondering why the man was still lingering around.

"Why are you still here Nakahara-san? I'm awake, was that not what you came here to accomplish?" Ryunosuke raised an eyebrow, perplexed by the mans behavior.

Chuuya scoffed lightly, "How'd you manage to be rude yet formal? I've told you that you can call me Chuuya. Y'know I'm not one for formalities." Chuuya smiled, removing his fedora and placing it on his lap, allowing the afternoon sun to highlight his features. Freckles dusted his cheeks and traveled up the bridge of his nose, a few lone specks spread out on his forehead.

He pushed his ginger hair back with his fingers, letting each strand sit in a better position to both frame his face and to remove the dent his hat had left behind. With that, he was ready to continue. "Though to answer your question, I'm going to attempt to comfort you, since you obviously need it. I'm just preparing myself with some red wine."

"I don't 'need' comfort." Ryunosuke retorted.

"As blunt as ever Ryunosuke. At least that hasn't changed." Chuuya sighed in return.