limbos gate part 2 ~14

"I'm assuming that you're waiting for me?" Ranpo chimed in, just as Atsushi hoped he would.

"Keep your boy toy in check while i speak, okay Atsushi-kun?" It was apparent that Ranpo was having far too much fun teasing his coworker that day, taking joy from their suffering as the two tried to keep their embarrassment and shock hidden.

"Either behind a few of the gang members or hidden nearby is someone holding Gin hostage. She's been hit with a dart. If you attack, they're going to use Gin against you. You need to figure something out before you attack. Something to give you the upper hand. I don't know where you are so i can't give you a great answer this time. Just use the things around you!"

Akutagawa was incredibly angry about what they had done to his sibling, but he had to keep a clear head. For Gin, Higuchi and Atsushi.

"Were you even listening to me A~tsu-shi?~" Inquired the odd boss in his velvet voice, tilting his head slightly as he approached.

"I can't say i was." Atsushi shrugged, looking around with a bored expression, so he could figure out what he and Akutagawa were going to do, without being suspicious.

Naminos face scrunched up slightly, not being used to such distasteful behavior.

Nevertheless, he begrudgingly shrugged it off, leaning down closer to the silverette.

"I was saying how we were a lot alike! That's why I'll be a little sad to see you go... but! Five billion yen will surely fix me right up!"

"How're we anything alike?" Atsushi furrowed his brows, looking into the mans eyes. His irises shook constantly, being an interesting mix of the shade lavender and wisteria.

"I had a hard time seeing you from all the way back there, but now i can see you perfectly! You're just like me! We're alike because we both have albinism! Among other things I'm sure. But you do have albinism, don't you..?"

Atsushi blinked a few times, slightly taken aback. "...Oculo-cutaneous albinism type two..."

"Same! Well, type one." He shrugged, his smile never faltering.

It was then that Atsushi really took in the mans unique appearance.

Dyed red hair with growing white roots, extremely pale skin, with white eyelashes overshadowing slightly translucent eyes... eyes... less melanin in the eyes means light sensitivity which goes along with vision issues... with poor vision, how much would he be able to see in the dark..?

He wished he knew about the mans condition earlier, but the picture he had seen of the man was of him walking somewhere with dark sunglasses on and with his hair freshly dyed maroon.

If he had known, he and Akutagawa could of come up with a plan to completely avoid this situation. As well as a plan on how to deal with Namino entirely.

Better late than never.

Although it was difficult not being able to speak to Akutagawa freely, Atsushi was beginning to develop an idea that just may work.

The silverette stepped towards Akutagawa, causing the criminals behind Namino and Chiho to raise their assault weapons.

The albinos hand flew up into the air, signaling for his men to hold fire.

His translucent eyes followed Atsushi calmly, feeling that even if this were a trap, he and his troop would overpower two measly men easily.

Atsushi rested his hand on the ravenettes shoulder, causing the man to look back slightly as Atsushi mumbled words of defeat.