It's me hi, I'm the april fool, it's me

Chloe pov

Big red switched on the lights, which made everyone scared because of the leftover stuff that appeared. Luckily Big Red was able to fix the lightning to something a bit more flattering.

"Okay Troy basketball stuff, Gabriella math stuff, nobody doesn't cry and we end up here center stage. Gabriella give us your cue." Miss Jenn directed.

"Remember in kindergarten you'd meet a kid, know nothing about them, then ten seconds later you are best friends?" I read, "Yeah" EJ said, "Singing with you felt like that" I continued. "Look, I never thought about singing, that's for sure. Until you" EJ almost started crying.

"EJ are you okay?" Carlos asked, "It looks like you have some allergic reaction".

"Wait a minute I know what's going on here" Carlos whispered, reffering to EJ probably looking in Miss Jenn's auditon files.

Once again something fell just next to me, scaring everyone again. This day seriously has something against me.

"Big red did you do that" Miss Jenn asked. "No" he said, which was followed by a scream of Miss Jenn.

Ricky pov

"Remember in kindergarten you'd meet a kid, know nothing about them, and 10 seconds later, you're bestfriends" Nini and I got over the script.

"You know what, I know these lines, shouldn't we just lose the scripts?" I asked her. "Uh, sure, yeah" Nini answered.

We went over the lines once again, but this time without a script.

"Ok, do you actually remember in kindergarten when I couldn't pronounce your name?" I asked, "Yeah, you had a hard time with vowels back then" Nini chuckled in response.

"I still can't think of you as a Nina" I laughed, "You could just call me buddy" Nini joked. "Oof, sorry about that one" I remembered the memory.

We continued summing up embarrasing but funny memories.

"Maybe we should warm up our voices?" Nini asked to which I responded "Oh, yeah, yeah, good idea, we do". 

Chloe pov

"Okay we need someone to sing for our soundchecking, who's not doing anything?" Miss Jenn asked.

I pushed Kourtney forward and said "Kourtney is an amazing singer" to wich Kourt chuckled silently embarrased.

"Thank you for volunteering, anything from the show, no matter what. No judgement" Miss Jenn said.

"I believe in dreaming. Shootin' for the stars" Kourtney sang. Everyone's attention got to Kourtney after the 3rd line. Even Miss Jenn was shocked about how good her voice is.

Everyone clapped for Kourtney, well deserved. "Yeah, Kourt" I cheered. She seemed really happy.

"Okay everyone follow me, we're gonna take a long five" Carlos announced.

<><><><><><>
I sat next to Kourtney and said: "You really ate back there". "Aw, thanks Chloe, that's sweet" she responded.

"I'm actually designing new clothes for Kelsi since half of your costumes were burned" she said. "No way, really?" I asked her. "I do like your new sketch better tho" I chuckled.

Why does everyone except Sebbie seems to have forgotten my birthday?

Ricky pov

As soon as we were warming our voices up I got a message. It was Gina, talking about why she couldn't make it.

"Hey that's not fair, my parents took me to disneyland once and I met a very talented Mickey Mouse" I came up for myself. "Oh yeah, your first ever crush" Nini mentioned, "Actually she was my second" I corrected her.

We both looked at each other, she grabbed my chin and put her lips into mine.

Chloe pov

Big Red opened the door, "Hey guys?" he said. Both Nini and Ricky jumped up from whatever they were doing. I think I rather not know to be honest. "Uhm, we're ordering pizza. You both good with pepperoni and soy cheese?" I asked them trying to hold back whatever emotion I was feeling.

"Yeah, yeah, sounds good to me" they said in union.

I walked off, a tear streaming down my face. I put my airpods in and sat in the back of the theater. I streamed my 'perfection' playlist on repeat and closed my eyes.

"Chloe dear, what's wrong?" Miss Jenn asked concerned. I took out my airpods and said "Ever thought that you found the one and thought they liked you back only to see them hooking up with someone else."

"Is this about Ricky?" Miss Jenn asked, "How do you know?" I asked her. "Dear, for only these months I've seen you two grow to each other, plus I'm a drama teacher" she responded, I chuckled.

"This might be a bad timing, but I think that it would be cool if you wrote a song for Kelsi" Miss Jenn suggested to me. "Sure, but about what?" I accepted the offer. "About whatever, just send me a demo before opening night" Miss Jenn smiled and left.

<><><><><><><>

We were all eating pizza in the theater, I noticed Big Red, Sebbie, Carlos and Kourtney left. I didn't pay too much attention to it, they probably just needed to go the toilet.

Everyone was talking about how excited they were for opening night, but the only thing that I could think about were the previous events.

I wasn't really paying attention but suddenly Big Red, Seb, Carlos and Kourtney came in with a birthday cake and the whole cast started singing happy birthday.

"Oh, guys, please you didn't have to" I said almost crying of happiness.

"The birthday girl can cut the first slice" Carlos cheered. I grabbed the knife and made multiple slices, enough for all of us.

<><><><><><>
When I made it home, a million thoughts streamed through my head.

There are 2 options for the rest of my life;

1) avoid Ricky at all costs

2) act like nothing happened

I think I'll choose for the first one.

Time to get some work done. Kelsi's song.

I rewatched the whole High School Musical The Musical 1 again, and noted some things about what the song could be. I wrote down "Just something you paid for" refferring to Sharpay and Ryan using Kelsi to write all their shows, while actually not getting enough credit for it.

I played some random chords on the piano and started improvising.

"Just something you paid for, oh what was I made for" I sang, "Oh perfect let's write that down" I said to myself.

I pressed the record button and started playing on the piano.

"I used to float, now I just fall down, I used to know but I'm not sure now"

"What I was made for
What was I made for?
Takin' a drive, I was an ideal
Looked so alive, turns out I'm not real
Just something you paid for
What was I made for?
'Cause I, I
I don't know how to feel
But I wanna try
I don't know how to feel
But someday, I might
Someday, I might
When did it end? All the enjoyment
I'm sad again, don't tell my boyfriend
It's not what he's made for

What was I made for?'Cause I, 'cause I
I don't know how to feel
But I wanna try
I don't know how to feel
But someday I might
Someday I might
Think I forgot how to be happy
Something I'm not, but something I can be
Something I wait for
Something I'm made for
Something I'm made for" 

"Here you go, Miss Jenn" I finished the voice note and send it right away to Miss Jenn.

Not much after I've send the demo, she responded with "Amazing work Chloe, made me tear up a little". I smiled and tried to get at least 1 hour sleep.