The read-through

Chloe pov

I walked into the room and saw E.J. change his name card with the one from Ricky, I looked at him, and he quickly put it back in place.

I sat down at my seat and a girl. I believe her name was Ashlyn tapped my shoulder.

'Hey, I'm Ashlyn. You're Chloe, right?' YES, I was right about that.

'Yeah, that's me,' I chuckled while turning to her.

'The song you sang yesterday, the one like pretty isn't pretty, was absolutely amazing. Did you write it yourself?' She asked. 'Yes, I did. Thanks, by the way,' I smiled.

'Could everyone please take your assigned seats?' Miss Jenn said, and everyone sat down.

'Where's our stage manager?' Miss Jenn which I responded,'She's has swollen glands', and Miss Jenn nodded.

'Knows everything,' Carlos mumbled.

'Yoo-hoo ginger boy, can you read?' Miss Jenn asked Ricky's friend. 'Uhmm, not really...' he responded. 'Well, you are now,' Miss Jenn said and sat down, sighing.

'Silence your phones, I realise that you all walked in here as strangers,' Miss Jenn began.

'Actually E.J. is my cousin' Ashlyn interrupted.

'But today, we're a family. Please take your neighbours hands and close your eyes,' she continued.

'We're all in this together,' she sang in a high-pitched note.

I think I might have a headache right now...
<><><><><><><><>

'Did i just join a cult?' Big Red questioned.

'You indeed did,' I answered him loud enough that anyone could hear it. A couple of people chuckled.

<><><><><><><><>

We just finished the first act with a monotone reader, sadly. But that's a side issue.

'Let's take a five,' Miss Jenn said and slammed her script on the table.

I walked over to Seb, who was actually sitting next to me, but 5 steps is a long distance, so...

Ashlyn joined us, and I could see myself in her. Always kind, energetic yet shy and insecure.

We chatted for a while, and I may have found a new friend. And maybe I found a bunch of them. All thanks to Seb.

Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder. It was the late boy.

'Hey, you're uhm, I don't know, but it doesn't matter,' he began. Ouch, it doesn't matter who I am.

'Chloe, do you need something?' I asked politely. 'We're you the one who sang a song about being pretty because it was really nice,' he responded.

'Yes, that's me. But weren't you like late?' I asked. 'I did, but I didn't want to interrupt your singing, so I waited till you were finished,' the boy replied.

'That's actually really sweet' I smiled, 'well I'm gonna go back to Big Red, bye,' he said.

'Bye,' I said while smiling and turning around.

'Wait, why are you all red? Are u flustered?' Seb asked me, clearly teasing me. He did wait until Ricky wasn't visible anymore.

'Do you like late-boy?' Ashlyn whisper-yelled. 'What no, I spoke to him only 1 time or something' I whisper-yelled back.

'That wasn't what you said yesterday.' Seb raised his hands.

'It's not because I think he's cute that I like him,' I shot.