33 - Unlucky

Ralph

All of our SWAT team was waiting close the house Max was currently in. While we were at the warehouse, we managed to get the registration plates of all the cars that were there, and we sent them to all policemen and policewomen to try to stop them while leaving the place. We couldn't help them, unfortunately, if things were different, my team was going to burst into this place and arrest everyone, but with Max and Ollie undercover, we needed to be with them and keep them safe. So, we just hoped our colleagues would be able to stop as many as possible.

"Boys, we have a plan." Max was finally back with us...at least in our coms. "Just like the previous house, all the girls are kept in the basement. So, we'll definitely need the small explosives like before to open it, don't know who has the keys. From what I could see, we have at least ten men inside, maybe more. Bonnie is also still here. Mery here will be sent back down the basement to tell everyone what will happen. I need Ralph to make a big entrance just like he can." That's what I'm talking about. I was really eager to blast this building to the ground if only Max and the girls weren't inside.

"Better be away from the entrance, Max, I'm planning a big one."

"Just don't kill all of us."

"I'll do my best." I went to the back of our vehicle to get my explosives. This one was even more tricky than the previous. There were way more cameras to try to sneak and put the explosives directly on the door, so, it has to be the old-fashioned way- throwing a small bomb, because just a grenade wasn't going to have the effect I was searching. When all of the elements were connected like I wanted them, I gave a signal to everyone to get ready. It was showtime.

"Three, two, one..." I threw the explosive at one of the windows from a distance. A second later, the big explosion broke all the glass from the near windows and made a nice entrance hole for us. "Nice." We quickly went inside the house, I was in a team with Dax going to the right, Luke was with Ollie to the left, and Cleo was watching our backs from afar. It was quickly after we entered that the first shots were fired at us. There was a lot of smoke around us, and we weren't sure how many were shooting at us, but luckily, me and Dax managed to escape the flying bullets all around us. We were answering the fire with our own and hoped Mery was right and all the girls were down because we didn't have the time to be cautious right now. One by one, I could hear the grunts of men being hit by our bullets or their body heavily falling to the ground. When we cleared our part of the first floor, we met with Luke and Ollie and went to the second one. There, room by room, we opened the doors and checked for hiding people. We got to the last one when we heard Max's voice from the other side of the door.

"I'm alone, fuckers, go check the girls or if you missed someone downstairs. I'm coming right away." All of us stopped on the spot. It wasn't unusual for Max to curse, but he never used that word, and especially when we were on a mission. Something was not right.

"Okay, boss, see you downstairs." After answering, Luke gave us a signal to move away from the door, and we did it.

"Hey, Cleo, you have a clear view of Max's room?" We waited a couple seconds before we heard his voice in our coms.

"Not a clear one. But I can see he is not alone there." Fuck! "There's a woman there. I think it's the one from the warehouse." That didn't sound good at all.

"In what part of the room are they?"

"Almost in front of the door." Shit, so we couldn't get from there without risking hurting Max in some way. "She has a gun pointed at him. He's holding his left arm, I think he's been shot." Well, now we know how he managed to get caught by Bonnie. She probably surprised him and shot him before he managed to disarm her, and now, he needed to wait for a new opportunity. And I had just the right thing for the occasion.