30 - Beautiful cover

Ali

Last night with Rafi was everything I ever dreamed it would be. Firstly, I was a little scared that I was going to have flashbacks, but luckily, it didn't happen. He knew just what to do, how to act and move to put my mind at ease, and let me fully enjoy every second of it.

"I can hear the cogwheels turning in your head. What are you thinking about so much, Tulie?" We were still laying on the mattress. The sun rose a long time ago, but neither one of us wanted to burst the bubble we were in right now and move from our places.

"I think... I think I want a tattoo." That made Rafi quickly look at me, shocked. I've never even had any interest in them. I wasn't against them, but at the same time, I never thought of getting one. But the more I think about it, the more I wanted to do it.

"Really? Where?"

"On my neck..." That made the shock in his eyes disappear. In its place came silence understanding. "You know I don't care about it, right?"

"I know, Rafi."

"And you don't need to hide it in any way."

"I know. But... Every time I meet someone, their eyes instantly go to the scar, and I'm sure after seeing it, they start to wonder in what kind of trouble I was involved. And most people won't ask me from where it is... but I can see the question in their eyes... and I don't want the constant reminder that... where are you going?" In the middle of my rambling, Rafi stood up from the mattress in search of something. A few moments later, I saw he found what he searched for. "Why do you need your phone?"

"I need to make a call."

"Right now?" I was confused. Rafi sat next to me while still looking at his phone in search of the number he needed. After he found it, he called it and waited for an answer. He didn't wait a long time.

"Hey, I need a favor." Followed a pause. I guess whoever he was calling was saying something in return. "Who is your tattoo artist?" That question made me take a double take. I was just thinking about it, I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. "Yeah? You think you can give me his phone? Good, thanks. No, not for me... yeah. You think he's good with scars? Okay, I'll talk to him, thank again, Dax. See you soon."

"You called Dax?"

"Yeah? Who else? He has a ton of tattoos."

"It's true, but..."

"You said you want one."

"I did, but..."

"Well, I think it will be better if we talk with professional to see what he thinks and what the options are. No one expects you to do it right at the moment. But if you are thinking about it, better have more information to make your decision, don't you think?" He didn't expect me to answer. He looked at his phone again, saw the message from Dax, and made his next call. And just like that, we had a meeting with the tattoo artist for today. I didn't even think it was going to happen today...in a few hours.

"You want to grab something to eat before the meeting?"

"Umm, yeah...but...can we go to the other house first for a change of clothes?" Just like Rafi said, we had a working bathroom, and we took a shower last night, but I needed new clothes before meeting with people.

"Sure. Let's go." He quickly made a stop at his house before we went to a little place where they were still serving breakfast even when the time was closer to noon.

"You have any ideas what you want there?"

"I'm not sure. It's a strange place, and I'm not sure what will look good or even what is possible to be done there and kind of hide the cut. Do you have something in mind?"