Do What I Said

"Right back home and safe" I say to Ethan as we get to his front door.
"Are you okay?" He asks me
"Yes. Just got a bit worried that's all"
"Worried about what?"
"Nothing. It doesn't matter"
"We didn't finish the film, maybe on Friday we could watch it again or something?"
"Yeah I will bring it round on Friday and we can finish it, I just don't feel well right now that's all"
"Well I hope you feel better"
"Thanks"
Ethan goes inside his house and I start to walk through the park back home.

Something seems off... the park is really quiet for a Saturday.
"Oh Sarah..." a voice behind me says. I quickly turn around, but nobody is there.
"Over here Sarah" the voice says again. I quickly turn back around and nobody is there.
"COME OUT!" I shout. Don't know who I'm shouting at or where I'm shouting, but I'm shouting it anyway.
"Hello my love" a voice behind me says. I turn around and see him... My ex... Jesse.
"JESSE!" I shout. I kick him as far as I can and I quickly run to my apartment.

The second I get to my apartment I lock the door and shut all the blinds in every room so nobody can see inside. I can't believe this! How did he find me? I don't do anything, I just sit on my sofa and wait. What am I waiting for you may ask? I have no idea...
*BING* my phone goes off with a text from an unknown number
The text says: Are you coming downstairs Sarah? You can't stay up there forever now"
Oh god it's 100% Jesse. I sneak over to my window and pull the blind slightly and I can see Jesse outside my apartment building with two other guys. I have no idea who the other guys are and I don't want to.
*BING* my phone goes off again
The text says: Come on Sarah or my friends will find that geek guy you were with earlier"
NO NO NO NO! SHIT! Not Ethan! Oh god! I quickly go to my contacts and click on Ethan.
ANSWER YOUR F-ING PHONE ETHAN!

"Hello" Ethan says down the phone
"Ethan you need to listen to me very carefully now!" I say
"Okay, what's going on?"
"Just shush for a second and listen! If ANYONE comes to your house do not invite them in, just shut the door!"
"What is happening?"
"Ethan please just do it! If someone comes to your house, even if they seem nice, do NOT let them in your house because once they are in that's it for you and possible your family"
"Sarah you are scaring me now. Is this a joke?"
"NO! It's not a joke just please do exactly what I just said!"
"Sarah explain more! Why are you saying all of this? Is someone coming to my home?"
"I will explain later when I've dealt with this situation, but until I've sorted it you do what I said!"
"What about if it's Benny?"
"URRGGG! Just don't let anyone in! I don't care who they are! Until I've got this sorted just stay inside!"
"Sarah tell me what's going on"
"I can't! Not yet anyway"
*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*
"Ooohhh Sarah... Open the door" Jesse says. Great now I've got Jesse right outside my apartment banging on the door.
"WHAT WAS THAT?" Ethan shouts down the phone to me
"I need to go, but just do as I said and stay inside and don't let anyone else in!"
"But...."
Before Ethan could finish I hung up on him.

"Come on Sarah! I just want to talk to you" Jesse says from behind my door.
I quickly get up and break my wooden table legs off to use as stakes and defend myself. I take a quick glance through my blinds and I can't see anyone, so either the two guys have gone to Ethan's house or they are all out there for me...
"Jesse!" I shout through the door.
"Yes Sarah my love" he responds
"Where are your friends?"
"Why does that matter?"
"Tell me or I won't let you in at all"
"My friends have gone round that geeks house you were with. Wow your standards have dropped. You went from me to some little dork"
"I'm not with him, I am his babysitter"
"He has a babysitter? That's lame!"
"I will let you in if your friends come back here and leave him alone!"
"Really?"
"Yes! I promise, but I need to know that they have left him and his family alone and nothing bad has happened to any of them"
"Fine I will give them a call and see what's happening"
I hear Jesse walking away from my door, I'm still holding onto my stakes just in case he tries anything. I see on my phone notifications Ethan has text me about 20 times, but I can't see what they say and I'm not moving from this door or letting go on my stakes.

"Sarah" Jesse says coming back to my door
"WHAT?" I snap back
"They are on their way back and they didn't even make it to your little friend"
"Promise?"
"Yeah they were at his door when I phoned."
"Well before I let you in, I'm going to double check him or his family aren't hurt."
"Really Sarah? This is ridiculous. Why do you care some much about a random dork?"
"Just shut up and let me do this!"
I quickly grab my phone off my sofa and call Ethan. Why isn't he answering? Come on Ethan answer your phone! It's just gone to voicemail, well that's not good! I quickly call Mrs Morgan to see if she answers.
"Hello Sarah are you alright?" Mrs Morgan says down the phone
"Oh thank god you're okay... I mean have you seen Ethan?" I say down the phone with a sigh of relief she hasn't been hurt
"He said something about visiting you, did he not say?"
"WHAT?"
"Sarah what's wrong?"
"Nothing... urrr... umm thanks Mrs Morgan"
I quickly hang up the phone. Ethan is on his way here? Did he not listen at all? Right new plan! I'm going to get Jesse and his friends into my apartment before Ethan gets here and then when Ethan knocks my door I won't let him in... I don't know what else to do.

"Jesse" I say through the door
"What?" He says back
"Are you are your friends all here outside my door now?"
"Yes we are all here"
"Okay... well I'm going to open the door now and let you all in"
"Good girl! Now you are learning"
"If you try anything though I will kill you!"
I hear Jesse and his friends laughing after I said that, very condescending... I pick up both of my stakes and slowly unlock my door...