❦LENA❧

3RD SEPTEMBER 1997

Potions with Felix had been my final lesson, I had always found potions enjoyable but having a familiar friend made it all the more enjoyable. We walked back to the dormroom, tryjng to decide if we liked the new porions teacher yet. He was a short, balding man, with squared glasses and long emerald robes, he seemed nice enough however Felix jumped ahead decided he had a 'feeling' that he was a "drowsy old bag who made his first lesson alright to set a standard". His words not mine. I hadn't made my mind up yet so I followed along on his idea.

Under the gentle glow of enchanted lanterns in our shared dorm room, I found myself immersed in the warmth of newfound connections. My new roomate, Perry, had suggested a 'bonding night', a chance for the dormmates to connect and at least learn something about one another.

I was surprised to see everyone agree, even Felix and Owen were involved. I was also surprised to see Adam and Ben, non-hostile in the same room. Everyone knew about their hatred for one another, Adam himself had told me that Ben definitely hated him. Adam and I had become friends a couple of years before, due to our "syncronised-nerdness" as Felicity had put it so delicately.
In my eyes we'd only ever just been friends, I believe his eyes saw the same.

Perched on cushions arranged in a cozy circle, our eclectic ensemble began to share. It was, needless to say, very awkward, nobody really seemed the most comfortable, except Perry.

"Anyways!" she grinned starting the conversation,
"My name is Perry. You all know that, but my full name is actually Peregrine Amethyst Vos!" she said hands on her hips in pleasure.

"Peregrine? Like the falcon?" Ben spoke up, he seemed interested in her nature name and perosnality.

"Perry is short for Peregrine?" Owen asked his brow furrowing, Owen had alsways seemed a bit dim, not in a bad way, he just exelled far more in certain lessons than other.
"Yeah" I chimed in "Like how Lena is short for Marlene". I didn't mind my full name but Felicity had always called me Lena so I guessed everyone else followed.

"And Ben is short for Benjamin" everyone turned to look at Adam, he hadn't said much in a while and the first thing he mentioned was surrounding his ex-best friend? I shot Felicity a puzzled glance but she didn't seem to see me, what caught my eye though was Owen Reyes and his expression, almost identical to mine.

Adam's cheeks turned a deep shade of pink, through embarassment, he never really brought up Ben when I spoke to him, I didn't expect him to.

As the night went on we learned alot more about each other, Adam and Ben even made a joke that they were surprised people weren't beating our dorm door down go get to the Morgan twins. I think they had a different idea of the kind of life they led.
Owen had fell asleep in a chair and Felix found it extremely amusing to turn his hair blue whilst he slept, I doubted he would really notice until someone pointed it out...

Around midnight Felicity and Alice went to their room to sleep, soon copied by Felix, Perry and a half asleep Owen.
I decided to stay up with Adam and Ben, water elementals didn't tend to get too tired as we were usually up until early hours of the morning studying or revising anyway.