Chapter 21

El

Max and I met Sam in the lobby after unpacking all of our belongings.

The hotel room was large, with a walk-in closet that the both of us could fit inside.

Not that that was what I was thinking about.

At least, not all the time.

"Alrighty! Are you girls ready to go have some fun?" Max's father asked and we looked at each other grinning.

He handed Max some money and shooed us off laughing.

"Come on! Where do you want to go first?" she asked in excitement and I stared at her and then at the swirl of colour and entertainment that surrounded me.

She laughed.

"Looks like we'll just have to go everywhere!" she said laughing and I laughed too.

Running through the park, hands intertwined, my heart raced but not from exhaustion, from exhilaration.

There were characters and parades and rides and people everywhere.

It was...amazing.

...

That afternoon, Max and I stood in line for the 'it's a small world' ride. (A/N: Human grammarlies dw that's how its written lol)

We had been on countless rides and attractions already, but I didn't mind.

Far from it.

She had forced me onto 'Space Mountain' and I had screamed every second, but it didn't matter. It didn't matter because I had fun.

And I had Max beside me.

The sun was setting behind the clouds as Max and I stepped into the boat, our legs bumping each other's as we sat.

Her hand laced mine as the boat began to float over the water, a tune playing melodically.

It was dark inside of the room where we gracefully skimmed the water's edge, but I could see Max as if we were in direct daylight.

Her blue eyes twinkled in the dim light of the ride, her shoulders now tanned and bare.

Her hand, freckled and soft twisted through my fingers and I couldn't think for a moment.

All of this time I had been hiding it.

Hiding the fact that I loved her.

Maybe she had realised by now, maybe she felt the same.

But I didn't want to wait any longer to find out.

We spun through the water, the words in foreign languages dancing through my brain.

As the music swelled and the tune of the singing dolls grew louder and repetitive, I looked at Max, who looked back at me.

Others floated gently around us, but I didn't see them.

All I could see was Max.

And somehow, I knew that all she could see was me.

Her eyes softened, her grip on my hand tightened.

And then she kissed me.

She kissed me.

Her lips met mine, melting together like caramel left out in the sun.

I got lost in the taste of her kiss, in the taste of her, the world spinning in circles that caused such vertigo I grasped her hand tighter.

She pulled me toward her, our bodies pressing together as the music found its highest peak in the symphony.

It felt surreal, like something out of a movie.

It felt...perfect.

She pulled away for only a moment to look me in the eye.

"El...I love you," she whispered.

And there was no hesitation in my voice when I whispered back;

"I love you too."

The music finally grew quieter as we spun out into a larger river, our hands still entwined, lips still pressed together.

The sun set over our heads, giving way to the murky blue sky that now hung over us, a canvas dotted with iridescent stars.

Beautiful.

But nothing in the world was more perfect, more beautiful than Max.

She pulled away again, tears falling down her cheeks.

"What's wrong?" I asked her but she just smiled, laughing slightly.

"Nothing. Everything is right. So, so right."

I smiled too.

And then, under the night sky at the happiest place on Earth, we kissed again.

(A/N: AHSAKDLSJABSKSLHAJAJAJDKSLALWOEIHDDK- OMFG CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!?!?! OMGGGGG THEY FINALLY KISSSED HOLY CR*P IM SCREAMING THIS IS TOO MUCH- ELMAXXXXXXXXXXXX 🏳️‍🌈💖👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 SQUEEEE- I can't lol- stay safe and totally tubular and I'll see you in the next one. Love youuuuu xx)