Board Game

Paintbrush is just chilin in their room, EarPods in, eyes closed. They peek thier eyes open to see Fan stand up to leave. 

"I'm going out for a bit." Fan just wanted to tell them, they nodded. He walked out just as their phone to vibrate.

_________________________________

[Lettuce Wrapped Rapper (Lightbulb)]

[Answer]                                                                                         [Decline]

____________________________________________________

They obviously answered.

"Painty, Painty, Painty, Painty-"

"Whoa! Please! Spare me!" They immediately cut her off.

"Painy! I just bought a board game and Test Tube went on a 'date' with Fan. Can..... you play it with me?" She finishes. Paintbrush paused.

"Okay." They finally agrees. 

"YAY!" She celebrates over the phone, blasting their ear drums. "I'll bring it over right after I make some popcorn!" 

________

5 minutes later

_____________

-Paintbrush Pov-

Someone knocks at my door, Lightbulb! I hop up and opens it. She has a big bowl of popcorn and a pink and blue box. "Thank you so much, Painty! This game is one of my favorites!......." She goes on and on about a funny thing that happened last time she played with her cousins as she opens the game and sets it up the board. she places the bowl of popcorn next to the cards. When she finished they story we both chuckled . 

"So where are you're cousins from again?" I aksed, keeping in mind she's Hispanic (A/N: I just LOVE the idea of Hispanic LB!) 

"Lightbolb is from Russia and Moonlight is from, well, here! (US), but she moved to Japan with her non-binary partner."  She explained. It felt like she looked at me longingly when she talked about her cousin's partner.... Or maybe in just seeing things...  "I don't see them much anymore, since they live so far away." She looked sad.

"That's okay! maybe for your birthday we could fly out to see them." I tried to comfort her. and  it seemed like  it worked, because she perked up.

"This is how we play." She looked down at the game and explained.

It's basically snakes and ladders but with cards. It was easy enough to understand. 'Climes and Falls.' Let's play!

"well, youngest goes first." Lightbulb smirked and picked up the dice and rolled a 4. That landed her on a card space, she took a card. "Go to the nearest climb." She slowly read aloud with over pronunciation. When it processed in her mine, she gladly snatched up her yellow piece and moved it to space 6. She made little sound effects when she went up the ladder to space 12.

My turn! I roll the dice and got a 5. I moved my orange piece accordingly. Nothing happened.

We played for, uh, well until we ran out of popcorn (10 minutes a.k.a. 3 rounds.) 

"I win!" Lightbulb pumps her fist in triumph. 

"Hah, Good job Lighty-Bulby." I congratulate her. I look down at my phone, it's 3:39! I look back up at Lightbulb, she looked tired. It was past her naptime. I started to clean up the game. her tired eyes followed my hands as I fold the board and pick up the pieces back in their Ziplock bags. I slid them back into the box and put the lid on. I place it on my dresser. 

She looked at me questionably. "You should go to bed, you look tired." 

"Uhm.. okaayyy." She slowly stands up and walks over to my bed and lays down.

"Uh! Lightbulb? What are you doing?" 

"Going to sleep." She happily remarks while snuggling down in MY covers! I sigh, giving up. She closed her eyes and fell asleep. I sat in my paint chair and opens TikTok and started my endless, mindless scrolling. I kept glancing over to the bed.  I see the sunlight of the window shine through that bright bulb of hers. I snapped a quick picture. Hopefully that's not too creepy. 

I closed the curtains so it wouldn't bother her. After maybe 5 minutes later she sits up violently and breathing lots as well. I instantly stand "Are you okay?" She jumps at my voice.

"Oh! Painty, yeah.... I just, had a... bad dream." She paused. "Sayyy... Painty. would you mind... laying down with me?" She gives me a slight smile and raises an eyebrow. I looked at her. I started blushing, maybe even a little flush. Her cheeks were rosey too. I had to look away.

"Sure." I try to make my voice as reluctant as I could. But I was actually pretty happy. She brightly grins and lays down. She scoots back so I can climb in.  She snuggles in and I kind of awkwardly wrap my arms around her.  She glows warmly giving out a charming, welcoming ambiance. (A/N: lol, big words) I feel myself get really hot. I slowly close my eyes and--

I open my eyes, seeing that's she's still asleep I think it wouldn't matter if I gave her... just a little... small... tiny.. kiss on the forehead. As I do, I look up and sees...

FAN!?

Fan and Test Tube was standing over the bed. Fan was giggling and filming and TT was whispering for him to not wake us up. I sit up, waking up Lightbulb in the process.

"W-what are you doing!?" I flushed. Fan laughed way too hard to bring a real answer so I looked at  TT for one.

"Uh.. Sorry, we just came in. And-" She was interrupted by a snicker. "And couldn't pass up the opportunity to see." Fan was rolling on the floor.

 I started to get irritated, and my bristles started to spark. Seems like Test Tube noticed because she backed up and stopped snickering. I huffed and my bristle calmed down. 

I stood up to go outside.

(928 words) 🎉🎉🎉🎉

That's it for this chapter :) I'm missing out on my real life, I'll make a pt.2 laterrr :D