How To Train Your Dragon - Part 5: The Heavy Rain Before The Storm

I flopped down on my bed and let out a sigh, letting my dad's trident slide from my grasp and clatter to the floor.

"Ughhhhh." I ground. "That was sloppy. Fuck! That was so fucking sloppy."

I rolled to my side and stared at the trident on the floor.

"I should be better than that."

...

"I've never used you before... but that's not an excuse."

...

"Dad... how the hell did you use this thing?"

...

"Probably cus we're naturally good at using weapons... and you're..." I chuckled to myself. "A fucking fisherman."

...

"I'm really trying... to be like you, you know?"

...

"It's been a rough few years and... we're getting thrown head-first into a fight we haven't trained for."

...

"Now's the time when... really could've used your advice."

...

I sat up, lifted the trident with my foot, and flicked it back into my hand. "Well... let's make up for lost time."

TIMESKIP

"Arghhhhhh!" I exclaimed, throwing the trident straight into a tree.

Breathing hard I sat down in the grass of the forest. My shirt was soaked with sweat from training with my new weapon. After catching my breath, I stood and went to the tree before placing my hand on the trident to pry it out.

"Good... but I can do better," I muttered to myself

*THUCK*

The blade of an ax stuck into the tree an inch from my head.

I turned.

Astrid was sprinting full speed at me. "Evening!" She called before jumping into a flying kick.

I caught her leg. "This again?" I asked.

"You said you'd be my training partner." She replied before trying to kick me with her uncaptured leg.

I ducked and she hit the tree.

"Ow!" She cried, standing and holding her leg.

I quickly tried to sweep her feet but she noticed and flipped over my leg, landing in a fighting stance. We stared at each other for a moment, and then she smirked.

"Looks like we've both been training." She remarked.

"Well, you know, crazy girls trying to kick my head off usually motivates me."

"Oh, don't worry, I remember. The smell of burning hair does the same thing for me."

"I will never be forgiven for that, will I?"

"Nope."

A sudden screeching roar in the distance made us jump and quickly pry out weapons from the trees.

...

We stood still waiting for more noise.

...

...

...

"The fuck was that?" Astrid asked.

"Don't know. Sounded like a Dragon."