How To Train Your Dragon - Part 4: Welcome To Dragon Training

"Welcome to Dragon training!" Gobber announced, pushing the metal cage door up and waltzing into the arena.

"No turning back," Astrid said, leading us inside.

We all looked up at the chains and metal bars creating a dome over the pit, giving enough room for a dragon to fly around.

I spun the trident around a couple times, grazing the stone floor and creating sparks before resting the weapon across my shoulders and behind my neck with a smirk.

Everyone was armed. Astrid with her axe, Fishlegs with a hammer, Snotlout with a spiked mace, the twins each with a double-sided spear, and me with the trident.

"I hope I get some serious burns," Tuffnut stated.

"What is with you guys and this burn shit?" I muttered.

"I'm hoping for some mauling, like on my shoulder or lower back," Ruffnut added.

"Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it," Astrid said.

"Yeah, no kidding, right?" Hiccup said, making us all turn. "Pain. Love it."

"Oh, great. Who let him in?" Tuffnut asked.

"Let's get started!" Gobber shouted, cutting off the banter. "The recruit that does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village," he added with much dramatic hook arm attachment action.

"Or her," Astrid said, with a glare.

"Or her," Gobber said, with a grimace.

"Hiccup already killed a Night Fury, so does that disqualify him?" Snotlout asked sarcastically, making the twins laugh.

Astrid just rolled our eyes and shook our heads in the back.

"Can I transfer to the class with the cool Vikings?" Tuffnut asked, turning and seeing me glaring. "Oh... yeah."

"Yeah." I agreed.

As Hiccup walked over I put my arm around him. "You're gonna be fine. Just stay close."

"Yeah," Gobber added, coming up beside us. "You're small. You're Weak. That'll make you less of a target."

Me and Hiccup deadpanned at him.

"They'll see you as sick or insane and go after the more Viking-like teens instead." He continued before pushing us into the line of teens facing the large metal doors at the far side of the arena. "Behind these doors are just a few of the many species you will learn to fight!" He yelled. "The Deadly Nadder!" He motioned to a large shaking metal door.

"Speed 8, armor 16," Fishlegs said in an excited voice.

"The Hideous Zippleback." Gobber continued, walking past more shaking doors.

"Plus 11 stealth. Times 2."

"The Monstrous Nightmare."

"Firepower 15."

"The Terrible Terror."

"Attack 8, venom 12."

"Can you stop that!" Gobber yelled at Fishlegs.

I chuckled under my breath.

"And..." Gobber continued. "The Gronckle."

"Jaw strength 8," Fishlegs whispered.

Gobber reached out and put his hand on what seemed to be the release lever.

"Woah! Woah! Wait, aren't you gonna teach us first?" Snotlout asked, panic rising in his voice.