Thanksgiving Fun

Summary:  people assume you and your best friend Hailee are dating

Warnings: none

After hours of deciding your outfit, you settled on a brown knit sweater that you dug deep in your closet to find, with some light blue jeans of course.

You still weren't happy with your outfit but now you didn't have a choice. You were already running late for Thanksgiving that was at your Mom's house this year, meaning you'd be stuck helping your mom co-host all your drunk family members.

Which is why you asked Hailee to come over to help you survive the night. The repeated questioning if you had a boyfriend from the older generation of your family plagued your mind. God you hated your family.

Hailee had already arrived before you were dressed. Waiting outside your house, she sent you a text

H<3
outside
4:44 pm

You internally sighed at the thought of your best friend being near you tonight. You felt comfortable around her, even safe.

Running outside into the driveway, you dragged Hailee inside your house, immediately pulling her into the kitchen to help you start your infamous Mac N Cheese that you were in charge of this Thanksgiving.

Being around Hailee relaxed you, you'd been stressed all day.

"Holy shit, this is really good." She basically moaned after a spoonful of the mac n cheese you just prepared.

"How come you've never made this for me?" She asked still chewing

You laughed at her

"Maybe because you prefer it out of a box" you teased

"Not after this"  she proclaimed

"With this cooking, I think you're finally allowed to get married" she added, nodding her head

"Oh yeah?" you perked an eyebrow

"Yeah" she smirked

————

After the Mac N Cheese, she helped you make some red velvet cookies, your family had started pouring in by the hour, your house was full now, your aunts and uncles in the back yard and scattered all over your house.

As Hailee helped you bring all the main dishes to the table, Lottie, your cousin Natalie's best friend walked up to you.
You were focusing on the table in front of you, organizing the food with the cutlery.

"How've you been Y/n?" You looked up to find Lottie

"I've been good Lot, what about yourself? where's Natalie?"

"I lost her a couple of minutes ago, and i've been okay." She smiled at you

After catching up and conversating for a little bit, Hailee had come to the table with the tray of cookies

"Lottie, this is Hailee, Hailee this is Lottie" You politely introduced them to each other

"Hailee, it's nice to meet you! You must be the girlfriend" Lottie stuck her hand out to shake Hailee's.

"Oh, she's not-"

Before you could finish, Hailee interrupted

"That's me!" she smiled, shaking Lottie's hand.

You turned to look at Hailee, stunned at her implying that you two were dating.

Lottie had excused herself, wanting to go find Natalie. Your cheeks had become a new shade of red at the thought of what just happened, focusing your attention back on the table, you continued to set it up.

The rest of the night had gone to plan,after everyone went home, Hailee decided to stay longer.

You both sat on your couch, watching a movie, with your legs draped over her thigh, you didn't realize you were zoning out, not paying any attention to the movie.

"are you okay?"

"Yeah! Just thinking" you respond

"Thinking about what?" She eyed you curiously

"My whole family thinks we're dating"

"is that...a bad thing?" her voice comes out in a whisper

"what? no! it's just... why'd you lie?"

She chewed on her bottom lip, looking nervous

"I don't know, it just felt natural calling you my girlfriend"

Your heart fluttered.

"Thank you for helping me out today" You whispered, sincerely

"Mm you're welcome" leaning in to give you a soft kiss on your lips

Realizing what she just did, she freezes. She didn't really think about it before she did it.

"Did that feel natural too?" you spoke

She nodded

Reconnecting your lips, she gasps in surprise, moving her lips against yours. Letting her hands roam free. Hailee let you lead for a little bit, she kissed you back stronger, letting you tangle your hands in her hair as you made out.

Pulling away to breathe, she looks at you with hooded eyes, her thumb running over your cheek

She muttered a
"mmm Happy Thanksgiving"
before reconnecting your lips.

A/n
This was supposed to be posted before/ on thanksgiving but i lagged, i'm sorry</3

but here's this

Also, i had to use the names lottie and natalie from yellowjackets bc COURTNEY EATON liked my selfie on instagram

should i shoot my shot now or later? this means we're basically married right?

anyway, thanks for reading, sorry this was so short but Courtney made my day today and i felt like writing<3333 y'all can thank my new gf for this little short story.

if ur reading this ur my lil diet mtn dew