Wanna get a room?

Summary: You and Hailee recently broke up due to scheduling conflicts, your mutual friends invite her to your birthday celebration which leads to the both of you wanting to try again.

Colorful lights roamed your face when you entered the loud club. The blaring music and the smell of the alcohol annoyed you more than usual.

You should be happy. It was your birthday after all.

Why did you feel so down? Was it the recent break up with Hailee that caused you to be in a "grumpy mood" as your friends described it?

Or was it the lack of sleep from staying up, crying until your head felt like it was about to explode

You were heartbroken. Hailee had been so busy with working on her projects, always traveling and leaving you lonely.

The breakup was fresh, you had yet to tell any of your friends or your family. Not wanting to hear the concerns for your well-being or the pity "i'm sorry"

So you kept to yourself, deciding to delete social media and politely decline your friends numerous attempts to go out.

This time, you couldn't get out of it. Your birthday was going to be celebrated. After dinner, your friends dragged you to the club, wanting to get wasted in celebration of you.

Your friend, Maddy had booked the VIP section of the club. The luxurious club was nice, you couldn't deny that. Maddy had done a good job.

Sitting in the middle of the VIP section, you mingled with your friends, holding conversations, taking shots, laughing and smiling.

Although you haven't been feeling your best, tonight you felt good. The presence of your friends celebrating with you on your birthday, reminded you that life wasn't so bad.

"Hey guys! Sorry i'm late" You looked up to meet Hailee's eyes

Your eyes almost bulged out of your head
You forgot that your friends hadn't known about your break up

"Y/n?" asked Maddy

You snapped out of your thoughts and got up immediately to greet her

The security guard unlatched the red rope barricade and let Hailee in

Immediately she went in for a hug, wrapping her arms around your waist while your arms wrapped around her neck

"What are you doing here?" you asked while hugging her

"You really thought i'd miss your birthday?"

"You've missed everything else" you spat, still hugging her

Hailee pulled away but still kept her arms around you

Her face in a sad frown at your words

"I'm here now, Happy Birthday Y/n"

"Thank you"

Hearing the 'aww' from your friends,
You let her go and went back to walk to your seat, letting her greet all your mutual friends

After she was done, she took a seat next to you, resting her hand on your thigh, still acting like your girlfriend.

You knew this wasn't good for your healing process that you just started to feel like you had made progress in, but you had to admit, it felt nice. She was your comfort person, always made you feel safe. You missed her.

After a little while of listening to Hailee conversate and catch up with her friends, you felt the urge to pee. The alcohol you had been drinking all night had started to take affect.