but friends don't look at friends that way

The common room

The common room

Heather just finished her book, as she just sat on the couch not looking at anything special. She looked to the right where a pen and paper laid. That's when she remembered Seyeons letter. She never finished it. The girl moved from the couch to the table in the middle of the room. She took out the book and placed it in front of her. What should she write? The girl was dumbfounded. She looked at the letter she wrote earlier and scanned over a specific sentence. "May it mark the beginning of a wonderful friendship". Why did she write that, what is it? The 15th hundred?

She found her and Seyeons relationship complicated. She loved talking to him, but she felt awkward at times. It didn't feel like when she talked to Heeji or Jaeyun. It wasn't like she was uncomfortable around him, like she was around Sangwon at times. She had grown closer to him at the short time they were seat mates. But something about him made her nervous around him.

Her and Seyeon had found the tone, and she looked forward to get to know him more. But something about that sentence restricted their relationship. Her brows were knitted together, as a memory flashed thru her mind. "Yeah, I'll happily be your friend Heather, for now at least". That were the words the boy uttered the first day, the day they got assigned their seats. The words that left the two speechless and flared up their cheeks. The words that formed their very first conversation.

The girl pulled the paper closer to her, and took the pen in her palm.

Dear Seyeon

This book was one of the first books I read when I came to South Korea. Since then it has been one of my favorites.

The book pulled me thru a rollercoaster, but still gave me the strength and joy I needed. I hope this book gives exactly that for you when we enter adulthood.

May our time here bring as much fun and joy as it has been up until now. I hope we can grow closer and create many fond memories. Ive really liked getting to know you and I look forward to being friends, for now at least ;)

Sincerely Heather

Heather looked down at the letter one final time before she put it in the envelope and closed it. She put the pen back to its place, and took her jacket off the coach. The girl silently made her way out of the common room with the envelope in one hand and her jacket in the other.

She made her way through the hallway as she walk past the window. The place she and Jaeyun had their first, real conversation. The conversation that changed their relationship for the better. It was here she told him her name, and him his. She remember how they both had to stop themself from taking, afraid for where the conversation would lead. They were a pair of strangers after all.

The library

Jaeyun was walking with Yerin, Jungyun and Heeji. The three had walked into the library trying to find some books for their assignment.