The One That Got Away

Logan's POV

Look at Bronwyn over there punishing me by hiding her beautiful face behind those big ass Chanel sunglasses. She doesn't look in my direction or let me hear her voice either. She only whispers to her attorney who speaks for her. She's a different woman now. No longer my sweetheart, this Bronwyn is hardened and uncaring. Her whole demeanor lacks feeling. Just an icy shell of the woman she used to be. And I did that. I shake my head in disgust at my damn self.

The fuck am I doing here? This is a real bitch move Logan. I know she deserves everything we built together and then some, but this shit cut me deep and my only way to respond is to hurt her right back. As if I haven't done that enough already. There's a little piece of her that's still together and I wanna break that too.

They say the coolest players and foulest heartbreakers, god gets them back by giving them little girls. My baby girl. The thought of some sorry ass dude doing to her what I'm doing to her mother makes me nauseous. I'd kill a nigga on sight over her. I ain't shit though. Bronwyn's dad knew it all those years ago, that's why he pulled his gun on me. I wish she knew it back then too, then we wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be breaking her heart. Breaking her.

The next man is gonna catch hell. I smile a little at that. If my being happy that she's gonna give the next man a hard time is sadistic, then so be it. I don't want her with anybody but me. But she deserves someone better than me.

My thoughts drag on and on and so does the time we spend torturing each other in this courtroom. After a few hours I tap out. I'd like to say I came to my senses but truth is I just can't take being this close to her without being able to touch her. And I mean that in a nonsexual way.

I abruptly push away from the table and stand up. Everyone's head snaps up to look at me. Everyone except Bronwyn. She won't even acknowledge me. I didn't think this shit could hurt anymore than it already does. I was wrong. Damn.

"I'm done. Give her whatever she wants."

My attorney shoots out his seat. "What are you doing?"

"I'm done. I don't wanna be here anymore."

"I can still argue on your behalf, just don't make any rash decisions."

"I don't wanna argue and I don't want you to argue for me. I just wanna give her whatever she wants, so this can be over."

Her attorney chimes in. "We need that in writing sir."

I scowl at her. Why is she speaking when Bron didn't tell her to? But fuck it, she needs it in writing, no problem. I snatch a legal pad from the center of the table and scribble, 'Give Bronwyn whatever she wants.' I sign it, slap it down on the table and slide it to her attorney, then walk out.

My attorney power walks out after me and closes the door to the courtroom behind him. "Logan, think about what you're doing, You're just handing over all the assets you two acquired together. Is that really how you want to walk away from this? Empty handed?"

I sigh in exasperation. "She deserves everything she wants. You're gonna get paid either way. You're my lawyer, respect what the fuck I want. And what I want is to give her whatever she wants. If she wants my left arm, give her that too."

"