Ask me a question

Naruto's pov

- We'll start slow. Nice and easy. What's your favorite food? - Sasuke asked.

- Ramen, duh. That's too easy, you bastard.

- Fine, your turn. Ask me something.

- What's your biggest dream?

- I want to bring Itachi back to Konoha and destroy Akatsuki. What's your biggest fear?

- Losing my friends and loved ones. What do you want to do after bringing your brother back?

- I want to live a normal life as a shinobi. Well, I guess our lives are not normal but you know what I mean - he said and I smiled a little.

- Yeah, I do. Your turn, ask me something.

- Are you ready to see your other friends? I mean Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, Kiba, Hinata, Shino, Neji, Lee and TenTen.

- Hm... I... I miss them but I'm not sure if I'm ready to see them all at once - I answered honestly. - That could be too much.

- How about three of them at once? - he asked me.

- It's my turn to ask you a question, teme - I smirked.

- Fine, ask away - he pouted.

- Why do you act like you don't care around other people?

- Hn, if you act like you don't care, most people will assume that you really don't and that they can't hurt your feelings. If you act like you don't care about people that you truly consider to be your friends, then people won't hurt them to hurt you. If they want to hurt you, they have to come straight at you. It's just some twisted way of mine to protect the people that I truly care about. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was shocked when Sasuke said that. I didn't expect his answer to be so deep and honest.

- Wow, and here I was thinking that you're just an asshole - I smiled.

- Shut up, my turn. So how about seeing three of your friends at once? Maybe with their sensei? Would that be okay? They miss you and ask about you all the time when I'm trying to train with Kakashi. It's annoying but they care and worry about you. It's been four months. I know that you've made such a huge progress. You started eating, you're sleeping well and you even started training with me and then with Kakashi.

- I... I don't know, Sasuke. We could try it but I think I'd feel more comfortable with you being there when I see them.

- No problem - he smiled. - Your turn, usuratonkachi.

- Fine, why have you been helping me for this whole time?

- Because you're my friend and I care about you. I hate to see you suffer, I hate to see you cry. I want you to get better so we can go on missions together. I want you to smile and laugh carelessly again. I miss that - he said calmly.

- Oh... Wow, I-I don't really know what to say... - I answered honestly. I don't know if I should smile and thank Sasuke or cry because of the quilt that I feel right now. - You gave me so much, I won't be able to ever repay you for all this. I can't imagine what would've happened to me if it wasn't for you and your support. I know I've said it a thousand times and I'll probably say it again but you saved me, Sasuke. I truly thank you for that - at this point I could feel the tears forming in my eyes but I didn't care. It's just Sasuke and I. I'm safe here.

- Naruto, I can't even imagine not helping you, not trying. At first, I was so fucking scared, I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know if I was helping you or hurting you even more. I didn't know if I was enough to save you. I'm not saying that I did. I just see it so clearly that you're better and I'm so damn happy for you - he said with a gentle smile. I smiled back and he said that it's his turn to ask me a question so I waited. - How about meeting your friends today? Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji? - he asked. - And Asuma? Maybe... Maybe Iruka?