Going back

Sasuke's pov

Something is wrong with this idiot. Ever since his night watch, he's been acting weird. He seems scared all the time. But the thing that really makes it weird is that he is scared of us. Kakashi noticed that too. Only Sakura is blinded by her idiocy. Seriously, what is wrong with her? This dobe is quiet all the time, haven't said a word at all.

- Sasuke-kuuun, can we go on a date when we get back? I'm really hungry and we could spend some time alone, just the two of us?

- No.

- But Sasuke-kun, why won't you come with me?

- You're annoying - she really is, I mean c'mon, get a hint.

Sakura's eyes watered and she looked at Naruto, he would always stand by her side and probably scream at me something like: "Teme! Why would you say something like this to Sakura-chan?!". But he didn't say a word. His head was hanging low and he didn't even look at us. Hn, what's wrong with dobe? By now, my head would start hurting from all this screaming and he would already ask Sakura out, she would say no and he would pout and continue being an idiot. But nothing happened.

- Naruto-baka! Won't you say anything?! - at that Naruto... flinched? What is going on with him? I looked at Kakashi, he saw that too and seemed to be deep in his thoughts. - Whatever, you are just a dead last anyway.

Then I heard him, he said something but it was so quiet that I didn't hear him clearly.

- What did you say, dobe?

- I... I-I...

- Just spit it out already you idiot!

- Shut up, Sakura! Naruto, what did you just say? - I asked stepping closer to him.

- I-I'm sorry... - he said and tensed when I came closer. What the hell?!

- For what? - I asked. Naruto just looked at his feet and didn't say a word. He was biting his lower lip and started shaking a little bit. - Naruto! What are you sorry for?! - Did he actually just jump at me raising my voice...?

- Leave him alone, Sasuke - I heard Kakashi's voice.

- What's wrong with you? - now I'm getting worried.

- Probably nothing, Sasuke-kun. He just wants the attention. Leave him alone, Sasuke-kun. Let's go back home, we're all tired.

- Hn, we'll talk about this later, dobe - I said leaning closer to him so I could whisper and make sure he heard me. Naruto just tensed even more and looked like he was about to cry. Did I miss something? Seriously, what the fuck?

Naruto's pov

I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared.

What are they going to do to me now? Are they going to just call me useless or beat the hell out of me again? I don't want this! What should I do? Should I run away from them? They hate me! Should I wait and run away when we are in Konoha so everyone will think that everything is good? Maybe then I would have more time to run away from the village. Should I say something? Should I shut up for good and stop bothering everyone? I can't stop thinking about the way they were looking at me. I know that I'm a demon, a burden, a murderer, a loser and a bother but I just want them to like me again. I want to remember what this feeling was.

Damn you, Itachi! I know that I should just forget about everything that happened when I was under his genjutsu but I just can't! It felt too real! This hatred felt too real, this beatings felt too real and this hurtful words felt too real. I just can't forget it but I have to if I want Sasuke to be happy and Itachi to come back to Konoha.

Ten fucking days, ten days of this shit and I feel so lonely again. I don't want this. I want to feel free and happy around my friends.

Flashback of day 1 under Itachi's genjutsu

I was in my bedroom when I heard someone knocking at my door. I got up to open it and everyone was there. All of my friends, their senseis, Iruka-sensei, Konohamaru, ero-sennin, even Tsunade bachan and Yamato taichou.

- Damn, I don't think I have enough space for all of you. What happened?

They all just smiled and decided to come in anyway. Even Sasuke smiled, that's weird...

- Well, you all hungry? Want something to drink?

- Don't worry you baka. We brought everything that we need already - said Sakura. I looked at her and saw about five bags in her hands.

- Oh, I see. Make yourself comfortable. What did you bring? Is it raaameeen? Damn, I would kill for some right now. - I said.

- Of course you would, you are a demon after all - said Iruka-sensei. I just stood there with my mouth open. What did he just call me? Did I hear it correctly?

- I-Iruka-sensei, why would you say that?

- Relax, dead last. Sit down, we just wanted to spend some time together - said Sai.

- Oh... Um, sure. L-let's do that - is it just me or is everyone acting weird?

Of course it couldn't end there. This is all they were talking about for hours. About how I was a failure, a dead last, a demon, everything.

- I still don't know how I managed to teach this brat Rasengan. He is a total idiot. If it was Sasuke, he would learn it sooo much faster - said ero-sennin.

- If it was anyone else, they would learn faster - added Tsunade bachan and every sensei nodded in agreement, even Kakashi-sensei.

- Remember when we were looking for this bug to find Sasuke? Of course it was Naruto who screwed up - said Shino.

- He was always alone and he always will be - said Hinata.

- Just a dead last. I can't even count how many times I had to save his ass - laughed Sasuke.

- Yes, he was always a burden during training and missions - added Sakura.

- Well, if you think about it, he didn't actually win our fight during exams. He just fucking farted at my face - mocked Kiba.

- He was always jealous of Sasuke-kun because unlike him, Sasuke-kun wasn't useless - said Ino.

- He is never training as hard as me, he is lazy as hell - mocked Lee.

- I don't know how I and Yamato managed to teach him Rasenshuriken. If it wasn't for his shadow clones there would be no chance in a million years that he would learn it - Kakashi-sensei stated and everyone laughed.

Did they not notice me there?

- Guys, I think that's enough, you know? - I said quietly.

- C'mon, don't be such a baby. Did we hurt your feelings? - asked Neji who was sitting next to me. I just nodded a bit and TenTen laughed which brought everyone's attention.

- Look! This demon thinks it has feelings! Hahahaha! Holy shit, that's funny as hell - screamed TenTen. No one said anything, they just laughed or snorted.

- Can you believe that this failure thought I admired him? - asked Konohamaru. There was even more laughter after that. At that moment I could feel tears about to escape from my eyes. I stood up and started to walk away from them.

- Where do you think you're going? - asked Shikamaru.

- Look guys, I have enough of this "bonding" for today. I have to go - I said walking closer to my door. Then Chouji stopped me with his hand on my shoulder.

- You are not going anywhere. We are just getting started - he said.