『𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚』 - Finding Balance

It was a breezy Friday morning in the valley for Katie

It was a breezy Friday morning in the valley for Katie. As she's sitting by the pool with a sketchbook in hand, drawing whatever comes to mind. This was something she would do when she is stressed or having a rough time with her anxiety. Back at home her therapist told her to do things that help relieve tension building up. Katie did everything on the list, from singing, meditating or writing your emotions out on paper.

None of them worked, until one day, Katie was assigned to an art project that made her realize that drawing is her second best friend. Drawing what she felt through the colors of paint, is what made her love the idea.

Abstract art is Katie's forte and for one, didn't have to tell anyone the key details on what's on her mind, because some of it is shown through the canvas. Most of the time, nobody suspects it's from her own emotions, and that's how she likes it.

" That's pretty," Sam tells Katie from beside her. The LaRusso girl had invited Katie over for a sleepover as their friendship had started to progress.

Ever since the apology Katie had gotten from the former popular girl. She had gotten to know Sam as a sweet girl, that is the daughter of a former Karate champion, Daniel LaRusso. Sam's parents are super nice and welcoming when Katie first walked through those doors, she instantly felt comfortable in their beautiful home.

" Thanks," Katie said back, briefly looking over to her.

" When did you start doing art?" Sam asked while turning a page from her magazine.

" Not that long, maybe a couple of years" Katie answered, and leaned forward to grab her pencil case.

" Well you're really talented, I'll tell you that, all I can draw is a stick figure, " Sam says, and closes the magazine, dropping it on the floor next to her flip flops.

Katie giggles, giving Sam a look, " What? It's true" Sam said with a laugh following through her words. The LaRusso girl leans back into her chair, face beaming with happiness.

" What are you thinking about Sam?" Katie questioned her, while sorting through her paint pens. Sam sighed before sitting up and hugging her knees.

" Thinking about Miguel and how it will be our fourth month of us dating soon" Katie smiled at that, knowing how much Sam meant to Miguel and vice versa.

" I'm just happy that I have a boyfriend like him, you know? He's so sweet and caring" Sam explained, setting her chin on her knees.

" You guys look good together, I see how guys make each other happy" Katie implied. " Everytime you see him, I always notice how you're always staring at him with dreamy eyes and-" Katie mimics what she says and makes kissing noises to her friend. Who playfully pushes her, with laughs escaping her mouth " I do not do that!"

" Oh yes you do!" The curly headed said, chuckling at Sam, who smiled at her knowingly. " Okay maybe I do," Sam admitted, rolling her eyes in a jesting manner.