ੈ✩‧₊˚

☆

You know that big ball of gas that's floating in the sky? Were it twinkles at night, shimmering in all of its glory?  The one where you look up and make a wish for that one dream to happen in your life?

Kids as young as they could talk. Would make wishes for toys or a new puppy they've been wanting for years. Their eyes tightly shut, and their hands clasped together, in a form of a prayer. Wishing with their pure hearts for it to come true.

However, for Robby Keene, he didn't believe it.

The young boy was brought into this world with a neglectful mother and an unprepared father who was barely in his life. It was just Robby and his mom for most of his young years.

Ever since his mother Shannon Keene started to hook up with men and would leave her son alone, for weeks on end. From the early age of twelve, Robby would often find himself looking up at the sky every night. Mesmerized by all the stars shining bright, like little lanterns, guiding each other through the dark abyss.

As years went flying by, Robby's mind grew older. He started to believe less of the stars, that looked down at the less wishful kid every night. Robby started to grow irritated at them and the idea people had of them, made him bitter.

Only time will tell when a certain person comes into his life. Who will change his view on those stars.

But Katie Wilson believed in the stars.

Ever since she was a little girl. Instead of wishing for a Pony or a Barbie doll. Katie made many wishes, and one of them was for her older brother, Jason. To get better from his mental illness.

By some grace of luck, it came, although little Katie thought otherwise. She was convinced one of her many wishes had come true.

The thing is, life is never a steady stream. A traumatic accident had occurred, costing the life of her brother. Forever changing the Wilson family. Which made the little Wilson girl question, if wishes do uphold their tale?

As she grew older her wise belief in the stars started to dim, with each passing day. However, the optimistic girl still clung to the hope. That one day, one of her wishes would come true.

Or a certain someone will make it happen for her.

Four years after the tragic accident that took place for the small family of three. The Wilsons moved to California, in hopes of starting a new life. Away from their old one. That doesn't sound so bad right? Until Katie and her older sister Mia, find themselves being hauled into a Karate rivalry, between two dojos. Friendships start to form and love starts to bloom. Will Katie embrace the change that will arise in her fresh start in life? Or will she let it drag her down?