『𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚』 - Starstruck

" Cyberbullying is no laughing matter, sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as harmful as saying it to their face

" Cyberbullying is no laughing matter, sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as harmful as saying it to their face. "

Practically everyone in that cafeteria could care less about Counselor Blatt's speech about cyberbullying. Most were on their phones and some talking to their friends. Meanwhile, Katie was multitasking, listening to the speech and analyzing her notes for a test she had next period. It was for one of her AP classes and she had to ace this one if not she was screwed.

Demetri passes along one of his notes to Katie. Noticing her stressing out as she flips through pages. Katie gave a brief smile to him and gratefully took it.

" I'm not gonna name names but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity"

Katie's head shot up from her notes, looking mortified at what their school counselor had said. Everyone started whispering and pointing at Eli, making him hide his scar with his finger.

" I'm sorry?" Katie mumbled under her breath, looking at Counselor Blatt in disbelief.

"Might well point at Eli while you're at it" She threw her hand in the air while looking at Demetri, who only gave her a sad look in return. Katie shook her head and pulled out a small bag full of Oreos from her backpack.

" You wanna help me finish these?" Katie asks softly to Eli who smiled, and took a cookie from the bag.

" If you're sick of getting bullied my karate dojo's looking for recruits" Miguel speaks up from beside Eli, making the quiet boy nod in consideration.

" Yeah, right you hear that Eli?" Demetri looks at his best friend. Katie rolled her eyes knowing what was coming.

" A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass," He says, mimicking chopping movements with his hands.

"I'm serious Demetri" Miguel shifts in his seat to sit up a bit more. " My sensei's the real deal, I'm sure I could get you both discounts." He says in a persuading tone.

" Plus my sister might join if Coach Johnson doesn't kick her off the Volleyball team" Katie adds with a shrug.

This only made Demetri shake his head in disagreement. " As enticing as that sounds I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face," He says with an annoyed look.

This only made Katie let off a huff and stuffed another Oreo in her mouth. Normally Katie wouldn't mind Demetri's behavior or his sarcastic comments, but today was a different story. She was stressed out of her mind, this test was very important, and forgetting to study put her in a bad mood.

" One last thing" Counselor Blatt adds to her long list of concerns that nobody carries to listen to.

" While we're all looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example instead of 'sexy nurse', maybe try 'gender-neutral hospital employee"