Blades of The Yiga, Memory 7

The morning came quicker than the heroes wanted, the heat of the desert rolling into the canyon in massive waves. Wild rose from his sleep, groggy and rubbing his eyes, the warmth that rose with the sun was pleasant, though Wild knew the sun would be unbearable by mid-day. There was light chatter among the stable hands and a few heroes.

Wild sighed, pushing himself up from the bed, slowly rising with hesitance. Finally, he gave up on the idea of more sleep and headed over to the cooking pot, where Legen, Sky, and TIme were seated. Food was already present in the pot, making a face of confusion coat the cook's face.

"One of the stable workers made some food for us already." Time supplied.

"Oh, okay. Don't go replacing me though." Wild joked flopping down in front of Time.

"Wouldn't dream of it Champ." Legend smiled.

Sky seemed to be out of it, not quite like Wild was when he was recovering one of his memories, but most definitely lost in thought. Wild tilted his head to the side, curiously looking at the resident sleeper. Time followed his gaze, a sighing softly.

"He's been like that for a while." Time started, " He ate and everything before then but he's just shut down."

"What happened?" Wild asked.

"We got one of your memories last night, me and him." Legend quietly spoke.

"Which one?" Wild asked, summoning a bowl and taking out some of the rice and eggs.

"You and Floria seemed to be headed to Death Mountain? The one with the massive lizard." Legend started.

"Mhm," Wild confirmed. "You're right."

"Sky seemed to be shocked while we were watching, I think he was expecting the version of you and Flora now, not the version of you back then." Legend shifted, "She didn't seem to like you."

"According to Impa, she was jealous and overworked. She had immense pressure from her father, the gossip mongers, and from herself." Wild started, mixing his food around, not touching it.

"She's apologized to me more than once, even if it's not needed. I honestly don't blame her, we were both under a lot of pressure from the kingdom." Wild concluded.

Sky blinked at the sound of the Wild's voice, the implications of what Wild was saying were devastating. Sky looked down to make eye contact with Wild. Wild had a face of concern, the scarring stretching his face, which had to have hurt.

"I'm sorry..." Sky started, startling the others.

"What are you apologizing for?" Wild asked, feeling a hand on his shoulder from Time.

"We started this kingdom, it was never supposed to be like that. I never meant for-" Sky started.

"You didn't do anything Sky...You are not responsible for the actions of a king centuries after you. King Rhoam's actions were his own, doesn't matter that through some genetic shit that you're related. You are not responsible for anything that happened to me." Wild concluded.

"I feel some responsibility for all of this," Sky mumbled.

"You shouldn't." Legend stated. "We know you don't want to tell us why you feel that way, but, we will be here for that whenever you're ready."

"Thank you...I'm going to grab the rest of my things." Sky spoke up, walking away from the group.

"He'll be okay right?" Wild asked, looking up at Time.

"He will be." Time spoke confidently. "Now go get dressed for this dessert, We will burn otherwise."