Father and Daughter, Memory 12

Wild positioned himself next to Vah Medoh, the cold air making his cheeks turn pink. He pulled his knees closer to him, opening his eyes he could see Dinraal riding along the expanse of the canyon below. Wild tilted his head towards the dragon's trail, small balls of fire floating around and then cooling.

The rising sun cast a golden hue on the landscape below, the snow glowing, and the night shift Rito Warriors started to finish up their shifts. Wild looked down at the village, he could make out Time and Sky, walking about on the landing. Wild huffed and buried his head further into his knees.

Wild heard the ruffle of feathers, a familiar sound here in the village. Small blue flames danced around him. Turning his head, he looks over and notices Revali behind him. Wild stared at the champion in awe.

"You know, you'll freeze up here if you're out here longer." He crossed his feathers, Wild looked back to the vast moat that encircled the village.

"Why are you still here? You were supposed to move on." Wild asked.

"We may be able to move on Link, but we will always be there for the ones we care about," Revali spoke up, walking up to stand beside the hunched-over Wild.

Wild released a heavy sigh. He looked down toward the inn, knowing he could have handled that reaction differently. Revali glanced down at the hero, feeling guilt and sadness from the hero.

"You know..." Revali started, gaining the attention of Wild," That was only the second time I've seen you seriously upset?"

Wild looked up with a curious gaze. Revali sighed and sat down next to the hero. Fiddling with the feathers, he continued.

"You were always so serious." He started, "One day, You were in the training yard with a few other soldiers. I'm pretty sure you remember the things they used to say about Her Highness, you overheard some of the soldiers saying awful things, made them work extra hard in training for the next month. You got so mad I was surprised your face hadn't exploded like Death Mountain."

Wild laughed at the joke, earning a small smile from the Rito. Revali's face turned sad, looking at the hero and then at the village.

"I'm trying to say that you have a right to be mad. But, you have hylians down there feeling guilty for what they did, just like you did back then." Revali reasoned.

"That doesn't excuse what they did, Revali." Wild frowned.

"I dare say you're acting a bit like a child. Yes, they kept that from you, and you have every right to be upset about it. But they are willing to do whatever it is to get you to forgive them." Revali harshly spoke.

Wild looked at Rito, smiled, and then nodded his head. Running from the group was childish when in reality he could have talked it out. Revali looked over at the Hylian and sighed.

"Until I leave this world, and travel to the next, I will stick by your side. You cannot function without my presence at all." Revali stated.

Wild looked like he was about to disagree, but with a look from Revali that felt all too familiar, he just nodded his head. With a smirk, Revali pointed his head to the Inn and then started to disappear.

"Go talk to them Champion, help them understand you," Revali stated, in the wind.

Wild looked down to the town below, sighed, and started to descend the center stone of Rito village. The anxiety began to eat at him, what would he say? He began to bite at his bottom lip while walking from the goddess statute to the inn where he found Hyrule and Wind.

"Wild!" Wind yelled, running toward the scarred hero, and bringing him into a tight hug at his waist.

"You're okay! We were worried." Hyrule perked up and then deflated.