b o n u s: quiet, love [M]

The process of divorcing and simultaneously putting your husband behind bars was, mildly put, stressful.

One day you had lunch with your divorce lawyer, the next day you had a court hearing, then an appointment at the DEA offices two days later, and in between you had to sort through yours and Mike's belongings in the house.

Despite being a sentimental person, you felt no remorse as you ordered a giant skip and tossed everything into it that Mike had touched, and anything that was in a good state you donated to a local homeless shelter.

Of course that was done with good intentions, but you couldn't help chuckling at the fact that Mike would hate it. Two birds with one stone, right?

The now obviously washed bed sheets that had witnessed you and Ghost going above and beyond to crush Mike's ego were amongst the huge donation pile in the hallway.

You missed him. Simon, obviously.

Strictly speaking, you still didn't know him that well, but you did see him a lot nowadays, even with all the things going on.

He was stated as a witness in the ongoing trial against Mike, after all it was due to his effort that the truth had been uncovered.

So that was where you usually saw him, in court. In between hearings, he was busy with his job and you were busy with the rest of your plenty of problems, so you would longingly look at him from the other end of the room, and if nobody was paying attention, he would wink at you, leaving you like a blushing mess.

Nobody except his team knew about the connection you had to him, and it had to stay that way so the integrity of the trial wasn't in danger, but no matter how risky it was, you couldn't keep your hands off each other after the hearings were over.

Every time without fail, you found yourself in his arms in some secluded hallway in the courthouse, his soft lips pressed onto yours in heated kisses, balaclava shoved up to his nose lazily.

He swallowed your quiet whimpers so they wouldn't echo off the walls, alerting an innocent person walking in another hallway. The little voices in your head reminding you that you shouldn't do that here were drowning in the kisses, sheer exhilaration fuelling your body.

One of said hearings hadn't been kind to you, precisely it was the judge giving you a hard time. He asked you stupid questions, indicating that he didn't believe how you could be that oblivious to Mike's behaviour.

You tried explaining over and over again, putting great effort into your habitus so you wouldn't come off as crazy, until you felt like a broken record being forced to play even after its obvious demise.

Ghost was furious at the judge, and when it was his turn, he worded his testimony so well and professionally that all doubt was cleared, but you were still hurt by the judge not believing you.

And mostly pissed off.

When you leaped into his arms after the hearing, Ghost could immediately tell that you needed comfort rather than a heated make out session, so he pulled you into him and caressed your hair with his ungloved hand, tender kisses pressed against the top of your head.

"What a prick", you mumbled against his chest, and he took your face in his hands.

You looked up at him, brows furrowed and one cheek hollow because you gnawed on it in annoyance.

"He was", Ghost agreed, his thumb brushing past your lips.

The gentle touch did wonders, calming you down almost instantly. Your plan not to fall in love with him had been long overboard, how could it now when this was how your body reacted to him?