f i f t e e n

You wanted to protest when he got up, but he just put his boxers back on before sitting down next to you, leaning over your small frame on the bed.

"The things I'd do to you if he wasn't here", he whispered into your ear, his hands trailing over your jaw, down your neck to your collarbone, while his masked lips pressed feathery kisses on your neck and cheeks.

Unfortunately, the sweet and much needed moment of closeness was interrupted by Ghost's phone ringing somewhere in the cargos on Mike's lap.

"Sorry, have to get that", he said between kisses, his breath hot through the fabric of the balaclava.

He got up and fished his phone from his cargos, still with a prominent bulge under his boxers that was now in plain sight in front of Mike's face, a disgusted groan erupting from under the duct tape.

Ghost grinned amusedly and gave him two light slaps, like earlier, before he picked up his phone and sat on the end of the bed, your eyes involuntarily trailing over his muscular back.

"Yes", was all he said, and the voice on the other end sounded through the speakers, just loud enough for you to hear.

"We'll be there in about thirty. Captain and I'll wrap up package number one and I'll send Soap to your location to wrap up number two. Everything okay so far?"

"Yeah."

After the short conversation came to an end, he locked his phone and put it on the bed. You sat up and kneeled next to him, definitely ruining the clean sheets in the process of moving upwards.

You kept them wrapped around you because now that the heat of the moment had vanished, Mike's eyes boring into you embarrassed you, and it would be even worse if your skin was exposed. You huffed when you thought back to two weeks ago.

A masked stranger stumbling into your life, helping you out of a horrible situation simply by supporting you in making your own choices, no force and no coercion, before fucking you senseless in front of your drug lord husband.

Ex husband.

You couldn't help it.

Laughter pulsated in your body, and you shook your head in disbelief. Mike had the audacity to roll his eyes at you, and Ghost's head snapped around.

It was so beautiful to see you laugh, your flawless teeth flashing behind your flush pink lips, the melodic sounds making the room seem much brighter than it was.

He smiled under his balaclava, a genuine reaction that happened solely because of you, no matter if you could see it or not.

"Sorry", you chuckled between waves of laughter, "I don't know what's gotten into me."

Now Ghost shook his head as if to scold you for apologising, and his arm circled around your waist. A barely audible squeal escaped your lips as he hoisted you onto his lap with ease, a tug at your heart that painfully reminded you that this could be the last time revelling in feeling him close.

His mission was over after all, and he would leave you behind because surely his work didn't give him enough liberty to have someone.

Your arms snaked around his neck and you pulled him closer, his heart beating against yours, almost synchronising. He felt his stomach churning, a dreading reminder that this might be the last time holding you.

His mission was over after all, and you would leave him behind because surely you would want to go back home to your parents.

"Was that your team on the phone?", you asked rather quietly, breaking the silence between the two of you, a silence crushingly heavy with unspoken words.