015

C O R T N E YR O B E R T S

C O R T N E Y
R O B E R T S

We were all lined up making facing at each other while we waited for the anthem to play. I was lined up across from Larson and Adam was behind me neck to McGill. I looked around to see if anyone was looking in my direction, then quickly gave Larson the finger before putting it down, and giggling to myself.

"Let's go!" Bombay yelled while we skated towards him.

Welcome to the Minnesota State peewee championship were excited to see Cortney Roberts and Adam Banks, in action. The dog opposes our players." I got scared at my name suddenly being announced people really think I'm one of the star players? Connie and Sidney smile and nudged my sides.

"The Hawks coach by Jack Riley." The announcer
Started, but was cut off by the Hawks fans chanting win making all of us roll our eyes. Then we all started to chant quack  and the win chanting then drowned by the ducks fans.

" Hey banks! Don't forget what side you're on!" Jesse before him and Adam skated onto the ice.

I was sitting beside Sidney and we both groaned as Adam was being pushed around on the ice. "Come on coach! They're gunning for him! Put me in!" I pleaded with coach who shook his head, but when Adam was checked into the boards, he sighed.

"Alright, alright. I'm not taking out banks but you can switch with Averman. Averman!" Averman then skated over and switched with me.

Guy had the puck and skated up to the hawks goal. Larson stole it and passed it to McGill. I skated up in front of him and out the puck through his legs, grabbing it after he skated away. He was still skating until he realized he didn't have he puck anymore.

"Ducks, Cortney Robert's, steals the puck from hawks, McGill, bring it back to the hawks zone. She skated around the net, she shoots, she scores! Making the first goal for the ducks tonight. 1-1" the announcer said.

McGill got the puck again then scored. Making them lead the first period, 3-1.

"Don't be scared of them ducks. That's what they want. Keep your heads up. Play proud. Let's fly!" Bombay encouraged us as we sat on the bench.

"Yeah!"

I skated out with my team. I stole the puck from McGill and passed it to Charlie, he passed it to Adam. While Adam was skating towards the goal, McGill knocked him down from behind. He slid and hit his head on the goal post as the puck went in.

My eyes widened as I skated over to him. "What did you do?" Larson asked McGill who smirked.

"My job."

"You asshole!" I shouted as I pushed him back harshly. He then chuckled and skated away.

The medics then strapped him up onto a gurney. "Did it go in?" Adam asked Jesse who nodded.