012

C O R T N E YR O B E R T S

C O R T N E Y
R O B E R T S

I WAS TYING UP MY SKATES WHILE
talking to connie, when a blonde headed boy walked into the locker room.

I stopped what I was doing and started at him. He was awkwardly standing there with his head down.

Everyone shot glares at him. But he didn't do or say anything.

"Hey, wasn't sure if your show up." Coach Bombay said patting his back.

"Yeah whatever. I just wanna play hockey." Adam mumbled.

"Good." Coach paused
"Ducks, you all know adam banks."

"On behalf of the ducks, I'd like to say welcome." Charlie said walking over but was cut off by Jesse pushing him back.

"Cake-eater." Jesse scoffed.

"Ooh the jess man. Dissin the new guy- the jester-" Averman rambled.

"Shut up Averman!" Jesse yelled.

"It's was just a joke." Averman shrugged to me.

Jesse then walked up to Adam.

"Putting on a ducks jersey doesn't mean your a real duck." Jesse said eyeing Adam down.

He then harshly bumped shoulders with him, walking out. Soon everyone followed.

I slightly smiled at him while I walked by.

"Jesse, was that really necessary?" I scoffed as we walked to the ice.

"It's not like you like him. He shouldn't be playing with us." Jesse rolled his eyes.

"Well like it or not, he is on our team. So stop being a winey baby and deal with it." I scoffed passing him.

No one was passing to Adam. I felt really bad. I didn't want him on our team. But he was. And he was definitely the best player we had.

"Right here, I'm open!" Adam shouted from the net.

I rolled my eyes from the bench, I know they hate him but is it really that hard to pass it to him?

"God they're so stupid." I mumbled to Sidney.

"Yeah, I mean I know he's not nice to us but come on." I nodded in agreement.

"Come on, here up front!" Adam continued to yell.

"Pass it to banks!" Coach yelled, cupping his hands together.

"Come on pass it!" I yelled.

"Pass it!!" Sidney yelled.

Charlie finally passed it to Adam, and he scored.

"Yes!" Me and sidney cheered, hugging.

WE WERE ALL CHEERING ON THE
bench. When coach said something unbelievable.