011

C O R T N E YR O B E R T S

C O R T N E Y
R O B E R T S

I WAS WAITING FOR RYAN TO BE
ready when I saw Adam crossing the road, coming over to my house.

"Hey." He said walking up to me.

"Look if your here to tell me about you joining the ducks, I already know." I said.

"Oh well yeah that's what I was going to say." Adam said scratching the back of his neck.

"And I know that you may think that I'm going to be your only friend on the team. But we can't be friends when we're around the team, k?" I said sadly.

"Why not?" Adam snapped.

"Because, they already think I'm a traitor. I can't even imagine what they'd think if they knew we were friends." I sighed.

"I thought we were more then friends." Adam said looking at me.

"Even if we were.... We can't be. Not unless my friends accept you." I sighed.

"So your choosing them over me?!" Adam yelled which made me flinch.

"Yes!" I yelled back.

"Why-"

"Because!" I cut him off.
"You've been a asshole to me and my friends for years! And I don't know why I even forgave you. Because you never changed! You just acted like you did around me. But your still the same adam. The same boy who runs around bullying kids who aren't as wealthy as he is! Or kids who are just different from you! And I don't know why your being nice to me because it's not like I've ever been nice to you. So I don't know if it's because I live with my aunt now or if it's beca-"

"Because I like you okay! I really like you." Adam sighed cutting me off.

I looked at him in shock. I didn't know what to say or do.

"Cory, your late for school let's get going." I heard Ryan from behind me. And thank god for that.

"I-I'll uh see ya later cake-eater." I said nervously and ran to the car.

"What was that about?" Ryan asked, to which I returned with a look that said 'don't ask' and he started driving.

"That's right, the red is oxygen. Now, who can tell me what are the blue balls?" Our teacher said which caused the class to laugh.

Now if it were any other day, I would have laughed too. But I couldn't laugh, all I was thinking about was Adam. And if he really liked me.

"Tommy?" The teacher said.

" hydrogen?" Tommy asked.

"Is correct! Now put them together, and you have a molecule that makes up 96% of your body. What is it?"