Chapter 7: Wolf or Bacca?

____________Originaly Finished Jun 28, 2015---Updated Sep 15, 2020____________

     We followed Mitch's parents to their house to find a rather large house. I'll never understand the need for large homes these humans have. Most of it ends up just empty space. Other Humans just stared at me the whole way there. I don't know why they look at me in fear and shake.

     When we got to their house they showed us around and mainly talked to Mitch. So when they showed us the room Mitch will stay in I just lied down in the corner. I mean I had thing else to do. I guess I could howl, but then they'd probably all yell. I guess that's also what started to happen. Mitch was easily starting to act like them. I'll just stay until he forgets I guess. Like a mother will until the cub is done growing and ready to leave her side. I hope I'm more than that to him.

    I sigh. Mitch went to sleep a few hours ago. He just walked in and fell on the bed and went to sleep. I of course made sure nothing was wrong and put the covers over him. I have a feeling he's already forgetting me. I shouldn't care, I mean I do but shouldn't. I came here with him and expected to meet his parents. After that, I never gave much thought. Maybe I should have. Should I leave?

~~~~Nice Time Skip brought to you by the Merome Army~~~~

     I sat watching him from a distance in a tree. I had nowhere really to go. Well I mean I could have gone back to the pack. But I know I don't belong there. I mean so many things have changed to me. It's been ten years since we got here. We're in our late 20's I think. I not sure, Mitch always did numbers. I swear I'm becoming more like a bacca then a wolf. It happens from time to time. That's normally from mating with something that walks on two legs, not four, and I haven't mated. My fur has grown longer, it's browner, I never really walk on all fours unless I'm running, and my snout got shorter. Don't forget my tail. I mean it's an inch long now. I can control my claws like a cat and my front paws are more like hands. Now thinking about it I probably did turn into a bacca. 

     Oh, wait! 

    Mitch, you want to know why I'm watching him from a tree. Well, I fell asleep next to him, on the floor, and woke up far away from the house. In a bag that was still roped together. I took it as a sign he didn't need me anymore. Again having nothing else to do I stayed watching him from trees and around buildings. Some times I played Mini-Games with him. 

     Eventually, people started to just not notice I was there. Like I'm one of the homeless wolves turned dog on the streets. I laugh. Those things love me. At night all of them go to one spot to sleep, and that's where I had made my home. So when the sun starts to set they follow me there and we sleep. I guess I have my own little pack now. But It's nothing without Mitch.