Chapter 6: Human City!

____________Originaly Finished Jun 16, 2015---Updated Sep 15, 2020____________

     Mitch still wanted to leave the dusty town named Nexus. I told my mom to have the pack stay and protect the land so we could come back one day. She agreed, and I helped Mitch get ready to leave. I decided to go with him as you can tell. I didn't want him by himself if they didn't want him there. Soon we set off through the woods.

     It took us three days to reach a place called Spawn City. As we walked closer some people walked over to us. I stood up on my back legs having learned it from Mitch. They paused for a few seconds but then continued. They had weapons and wore weird clothes.

     "Stop!" We stopped walking having never been in a city.

     "Why are you here? You are not one of the locals." The man said. Mitch looked at me not know how to explain.

     "Mitch here wanted to see if any of his family came here. He was left alone in a small town in the forest three days from the way we came. I raised him the best I could even though I'm a wolf." They looked at me shocked. Then laughed.

     "Boy, you are not fooling anyone in the costume. Now, why don't you take it off and tell us why you are really here."

     "What's a costume?" Mitch and I say at the same time. They look at us then their eyes widened.

     "You can't be for real about this." They started backing up.

     "What?" I say.

     "W...what's your last name boy?" One says looking at Mitch.

     "Hughes." He says. They looked at each other.

     "Ok well you two stay here and we'll have some friends check for you." Then they ran off.

     "I think they're afraid I'll hurt them," I say. Mitch laughs.

     "You biggums. Really? You're a big fluff ball." I blush. Then a man and woman run over to the two guys who talked to us. Then turn and look at us. I looked away like I was looking at something else.

     They walked over slowly like they didn't want to make me attack and I sighed. "I'll be over there," I say pointing to a tree and go to walk away when Mitch grabs my arm and turns me around.

     "Don't you dare. I know you don't like how all of them are afraid of you. But remember. I will always love you like a brother because we are." Mitch says.

     I smile and hug him and he hugs back. "Thanks, biggums," I say not thinking before I say it.

    "M... Mitchell?" We hear a female voice say and I let go and decide my back paws have had enough torture. Going back to four and sitting on my butt.

    "Yes. My name is Mitchell Hughes." Mitch smiles and pets my head. That seems to calm them down some. Then the female runs over and hugs him.

     "My baby! I have missed you! I thought you'd died out there. We couldn't get the door open." He pats her back.

     "Mom this is Jerome. He found me on his first hunt with his father some years ago. He raised me." He says pointing to me. She looks at me and then let's go of him and hugs me.

     "Thank you for keeping him alive."

     "You are welcome." She jumps back a little.

     "You can speak human?"

     "Mitch taught me after he mastered it. He first learned wolfish. Since I never let him leave the room I found him in."

     "What how'd you get in?" His father said.

    "Well at first I thought it was a hole. Mitch later told me it was a vent. I just couldn't take his crying, and I wanted to know what was making it. I found him. He latched on to my cub fur and I decided since it calmed him down and he was young I could try to talk to my dad about letting him in the pack. But my father just wanted me to kill him. I told him no and they left me there. So we raised each other."

    "Mostly you raising me," Mitch said. Then after a little more talking, we went into the city as it turned dark.