(iv). i think i've seen this film before and i didn't like the ending

Malia stood at the food table, downing the drink in her hand as she looked around for Jake. He had disappeared moments before and promised to return but he had yet to do so. Cheering erupted out of nowhere and Malia watched as three figures pushed through the crowd.

    Effie Trinket.

    Peeta Mellark.

    And Katniss Everdeen.

    "Holy shit," Jake mutters, appearing beside Malia and she smacks his arm for scaring her.

    "Pick your jaw up," Malia tells him.

    "You can't really blame me," Jake states. "They are the first tributes from district twelve to win since Haymitch."

    "They cheated the system," Malia tells him.

    "Don't get mad just because you didn't think of it first," Jake replies.

    "I would've," Malia counters. "If Cal was still alive by the time I returned."

    "Where's Finnick?" Jake asks, looking around.

    "I was hoping you knew," Malia responds.

    "Why would I know where your loverboy went?" Jake asks.

    "He's not– Haymitch!" Malia exclaims, greeting the older victor with a smile. "It's so great to see you."

    "I wish I could say the same," Haymitch tells her before turning his attention to Jake. "When will it stop?"

    "When will what stop?" Jake asks.

    "Cut the bullshit, Griffin," Haymitch retorts. "I know it's you."

    "I'm not sure I know what you're referring to," Jake replies. "I've also done a lot of things, so you're going to have to be more specific if you're trying to incriminate me."

    "The water balloons," Haymitch says.

    "Water balloons are fun," Jake smiles.

    "I know you're throwing them at me every year right before the Tribute Parade starts," Haymitch tells him.

    "Whaaaaaaat?" Jake gasps. "No, you have the wrong guy."

    "Katniss says she saw you," Haymitch replies.

    "Katniss also believed Peeta was out to kill her the entire Games, so, is she really a reliable source?" Jake asks.

    "He has a point," Malia replies.

    "Thank you, Malia," Jake says, turning towards her and giving her a slight bow. "See, Malia believes me. Why don't you?"

    "Because I know it's you!" Haymitch exclaims.

    "And I simply cannot believe you'd throw such an accusation," Jake tells him.

    "I know it's you, Griffin," Haymitch says. "And I just want you to know that it won't be easy this year. I'm prepared and I will stop you."

    Haymitch turns and walks away and Jake watches him leave.

    "Oh I'm always down for a challenge, Abernathy," Jake mutters, smirking.

    "How long have you been throwing water balloons at Haymitch?" Malia asks.

    "Fourteen years," Jake replies, smiling proudly.

    "And he's barely finding out it's you?" Malia asks.

    "He's sobering up," Jake pouts. "He's no fun when he's sober."