(p). but if you loved me, why'd you leave me?

"You must be Malia," A guy says, crouching down in front of her on the train ride to the Capitol.

    Malia doesn't say anything, she just simply nods.

    "Do you know who I am?" The guy asks.

    Malia doesn't say anything again, she just shakes her head.

    "Well, my name is Jake Griffin," He introduces. "And I'm going to be your mentor."

    "Cal.." Malia says, finally speaking up.

    "What?" Jake asks.

    "What about Cal?" Malia responds.

    "Right.. Your district partner and..?"

    "Boyfriend."

    "Right," Jake sighs, wiping his hands on his jeans. "Cal is in good hands, I promise. Gloss is his mentor."

    Malia nods her head.

    "You trained for these Games, mind telling me what your weapon of choice is?" Jake asks.

    "Sais," Malia replies. "And throwing knives."

    "That's great," Jake responds. "And what was your ranking at the Career Academy?"

    "I was first," Malia replied.

    "That's great," Jake replies. "We can work with that. But first I need you to get a hold of yourself, you're a Career so you have to show how proud you are to be one."

    "I can't do it," Malia says, her voice shaky. "I can't kill Cal.."

    "You won't have to," Jake tells her. "Cal volunteered and I have no doubt it was because he wanted to protect you."

    "Look," Jake says. "These next few days aren't about Cal, they're about you. You have the potential to win these Games if you focus."

    "I wasn't supposed to be here until I turned 16," Malia states. "That was my plan from the very beginning. Sure, I'm number one at the Career Academy but I was going to volunteer when I turned 16, I'm only 15."

    "The Capitol doesn't care about that," Jake tells her. "You're here, you were reaped, you can't do anything about that. Now Gloss is mentoring Cal which means he's going to make sure Cal is super focused on winning these Games and I need you to do the same for me. Can you do that?"

    Malia nods.

    "Fantastic," Jake says. "Once we arrive at the Capitol, Emery's team will swoop you away to get you prepped and ready for the Tribute Parade. Make sure to make allies there, especially district two and district four."

    Malia nods again.

    "Emery is awesome," Jake tells her. "You're going to love him. He's been district one's stylist for years. And the Triple X team is fantastic."

    "Triple X?" Malia asks.

    "You'll see," Jake tells her.

    The moment the train reaches the Capitol, Malia is whisked away by Emery's prep team to be waxed and cleaned up.

    Emery entered the room with an effortless grace that seemed to accompany him wherever he went. He moved with the confidence of someone who knew the world of fashion inside and out. His presence, though subtle, demanded attention.

His sleek, jet-black hair was artfully styled, falling just above his shoulders in a perfect cascade of waves. Strands of silver were strategically woven into his locks, catching the light and adding a touch of mystique to his appearance.