(iii). you know what you're doing when you're walking in that dress

"Welcome!" Caesar Flickerman announces, laughing slightly at all the screaming citizens sitting in the crowd. "It is the eve of the 70th annual Hunger Games, which means starting tomorrow, a new decade of victors begin!"

    The crowd cheers and Caesar shushes them with his hands.

    "We've got three of the Capitol's most prized victors backstage right now," Caesar grins. "And I will be interviewing each one of them to catch-up with how their lives have been changed ever since they won the Hunger Games!"

    The crowd cheers again and Caesar grins proudly.

    "Let's give a warm welcome to the one and only, Malia Wells!" Caesar announces.

    The crowd goes wild as Malia walks onto the stage and shakes Caesar's hand before sitting down across from him.

    "Welcome, Malia," Caesar smiles. "Victor of the 66th Hunger Games, wow. Upon your victory, how did you celebrate? A big party in your district perhaps? Maybe a holiday in our beautiful Capitol? Or possibly, a quiet stay at home with your family?"

    "I did what most victors do," Malia responds. "I went on my victory tour and paid my respects to each of the districts. I've slowly been able to move on from Cal's death, but seeing his family that day was very heartbreaking. I never had a family, so I was able to move into the Victor's Village without any issues. I was also able to attend both parties held in my honor in district one and the Capitol. I got to meet a bunch of other victors from various districts and I even danced with a few! It was really fun."

    "Since you've been crowned a victor and became a mentor, district one has brought home three victors," Caesar states. "How does that make you feel? Do you feel a sense of pride towards those you've mentored towards victory? Does your experience in the Games help influence the way you guide these tributes?"

    "District one has gotten a lot of love ever since I became a mentor," Malia replies. "And I am proud of the tributes I've mentored– both dead and alive. My experience in the Games does influence my mentoring abilities because although the Games change every year, I know what it's like when you're down to being the final two. I know what it takes to survive and win."

    "It's very well known that you've come into contact with previous victors throughout events and press tours since your victory," Caesar states. "Care to shed some light on that?"

    "Jake was my mentor in my Games and he's like a brother to me," Malia says. "My mother died in childbirth so I never really had siblings. So having Jake there for me like a brother.. it's.. it's great. And I'd do anything for him. As for friends, Clarity and Finnick are fantastic. I got back in touch with Clarity last year, I'm happy she's back in my life. As for Finnick, a lot of victors were amazed by my victory but he was admired. He's been there for me when I thought I didn't need anybody. I had gone through something that no one should ever go through and Finnick was there for me through it all. He saved me. He helped me feel like myself again."

    "I'm so glad you brought up last year's Games," Caesar chuckles. "Last year the Games produced yet another tribute from your district rising to claim the title of victor. What are your thoughts on that and Clarity? What do you think Cal would say to her if he was here right now?"

    "I was originally Clarity's mentor so even though Jake took over, I was really proud of her for winning and becoming a victor," Malia answers. "Her arena was a lot more interesting than mine to be honest. I loved the whole abandoned carnival theme– don't get me wrong, the winter wonderland idea for my arena was great too. But I'm really proud of her for winning and without killing anyone– holy, when has that ever happened in a Career district? But, Cal would be proud and he'd tell her that too."