11 - Surprise

WOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!! I NEVER EXPECTED THIS STORY TO GET SO "POPULAR"!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!

Now on with the story ;D

Jax didn't know what to do. The curse was causing him to fall for Pomni as well, and Caine wasn't very interested in making a cure. It had been 3 weeks by now; that was almost half of Pomni's stay in the digital circus. They still held hands, she'd still kiss him on the cheek (sometimes she'd try to aim for his lips but he'd quickly pull away), and they still slept in the same room. Unknown to Jax however, is that Pomni wanted to be closer than in the same room.

The day had been as normal as it could get when someone's on a spell to fall in love with you, and the night had just begun. Lately Jax had been having trouble sleeping, as he was worried about the recent butterflies in his stomach and the blushing he couldn't hold in. Tonight on the other hand, he fell asleep swiftly.

-

He felt so... warm... he tried to wrap his arm around the warmth, and bring it closer to him. It made him feel genuine happiness; it made him feel like he didn't have to pretend to be a terrible person as a coping mechanism anymore. He smiled in his sleep. He rested his head against the unknown source of the warmth, almost cuddling with it. 

Being with it lifted a weight off of him. He felt freedom and joy. He wanted to be with it for a long time. No... he wanted to be with it for longer than that... he never wanted to part with this warmth. He wanted to be with it forever.

He slowly opened his eyes. It turns out, there was a source of warmth there. He was cuddling something, and in all honesty he did want to be with her in that bed forever.

It was Pomni.

At first he was shocked, but was trying his hardest to contain it as he didn't want to wake her. She was like a sleeping kitten, curled up next to him and so comfortable. He pulled her closer, knowing that it's what she would want him to do. He stroked her little head, but she was fast asleep, and even that wouldn't bring her back to consciousness. He smirked. He kinda... liked it.

"Hi Pomni..." he whispered, feeling her warm breath exhale on his chest. "God, why do I feel like this? Is this how Pomni feels? Am I going insane?" Then, Jax did something he never expected he would do. Ever. He lightly kissed her on the head. Willingly. Voluntarily. He wanted to do that. And, he hated to admit it, but it made him feel good.

"I... ugh, I can't believe I'm going to say this... I love you PomPom... have a good rest, you deserve it." Deep down, he hoped that Caine would never find a cure, for him or for Pomni.

-

Ragatha was furious. Pomni hadn't been hanging out with her at all, because she was obsessed with that stupid lavender bunny. Ragatha knew what she had to do, but she didn't know if she had the guts to do it. She stared at the collection of knives in her room, wondering which one she should use.

"I swear to god, I am going to kill that ^%!#ing rabbit if it's the last thing I do."