10 - Report

Caine was monitoring over the digital circus, making sure nobody was doing anything they weren't supposed to be doing, when he happened to quietly hear someone call his name. He poofed over to where he assumed the yelling was coming from, and saw Jax.

"Oh finally, you're here. We've been waiting for ages."

"We?" Caine asked, confused. Then, he noticed the little jester huddled by Jax's side, cuddling him. Jax didn't even seem to care. Jax then kneeled down and whispered something to Pomni, and in response she just smiled at him. Jax put his hands over Pomni's ears so she couldn't make out what they were saying.

"I was doing some research in your digital library."

"You found out about it?! It's a work in progress! I hate when people see my unfinished work!"

"Caine, that's not the point. I found out that the spell isn't going to go away by itself. It needs an antidote."

"Are you insinuating that you want me to make a cure? I apologize, Jax, but I am WAYYYY too busy for that!"

"Come on, you can't just let her be like this forever! She's basically doing all of this against her will!" Jax, who was still kneeling down to Pomni's level, felt her rest her head gently on his leg.

"Ok ok, I understand this can't go on much longer. I am quite occupied at the moment though, so it won't be the focus of my attention. If it gets worse, let me know, and I'll try to make it my main priority."

Jax sighed, knowing this would be the best outcome he could receive from Caine. "Thanks..."

"You are welcome my little rabbitoid!" Caine was about to leave, when he heard Jax yell, "Wait! I have one last question!"

"And what is that, my friend?"

"Do you... think... it's contagious?"

"I-" 

Jax looked at him in confusion. "Do you?"

"I actually have no idea. We didn't follow a 'recipe' to make it, so we have no idea how it works..."

"Oh..." and just like that, POOF, Caine's gone. 

Jax took his hands off of Pomni's ears. "How are you doing, PomPom? Was I talking for too long?"

"No, it's ok~ Can we go back to you room?"

"Sure PomPom, whatever you want ok? I'll help you until you get back to normal (cause I understand this is probably as painful for you as it is for me.)"

"Thank you Jaxy~ But what do you mean by 'get back to normal'?"

"It's... you'll understand another time, ok?"

She nestled up close to him and hugged him. "Ok~" As they were walking back to Jax's room together, Pomni holding his hand, Jax had only confirmed that Caine's elixir had spread to him. He had no other explanation as to why he felt the need to be so nice to Pomni; to "pretend" to love her and treat her like a queen.

It'll take him a while to find out that the potion isn't contagious.