Step One

Amelia

It didn't take long for Ben and Jayden to climb off of Bumpy and face Yaz, who was still on the ground.

"Hey." Ben said to her, ever so casually and my brother just waved before they both made an audible 'oof' sound when Yaz stood and collided with them, wrapping them both in a hug.

"You're a hugger now Fadoula?" Ben asked and Jay just looked shocked, which is fair. Him and Yaz didn't get along super well before everything, and I wasn't even sure they liked each other.

"Still have mixed feelings about it but I... you're...you're both..." She backed up to speak but when she couldn't articulate her feelings, she just hugged them again and this time they hugged her back.

"Yeah, yeah, well we have been trying to tell you about it." I said to her before Brooklynn cut me off, handing the map to Ben after they all broke apart, "But in more pressing news, Darius isn't taking the hunters to the watering hole."

"What?" Ben asked and Jayden elaborated, "Why would he take them straight to the T-Rex? I assume you all know she's there."

"Home court advantage." Kenji said in realization, "Darius and Sammy know the terrain and Mitch and Tiff don't. It'll be easier to lose them on Main Street than in the jungle." We all nodded.

"That makes sense. They can't do it on their own though." I said and Yaz followed up with, "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go help them!"

"Yes! Bumpy, Jay and I are ready to roll." Ben said before joining Jayden, who'd already climbed onto Bumpy again.

"Uh-uh. Big problemo." Kenji stopped us before we even started, "There's no way we'll make it to Main Street before they do."

"Well there is one obvious shortcut." Brooklynn said, almost sounding cautious. My eyes widened when I realized what she was talking about. Kenji must've realized too, because we both said at the said time;

"Oh hell no." And

"Down there? You must be joking."

We looked at each other strangely before I continued, "Don't you remember last time? Cause I certainly do." I held up my arm for reference, "Not only is it super dark and creepy, but we nearly died! Not happening." Brooklynn smirked before running over to the motorcycle and getting back on it before we could stop her.

"Or apparently it is." I muttered and my head chose that moment to send a wave of pain through it, quickly reminding me of the fall I had last time I was on it. As we made our way over, I realized we had a problem. There were now four of us that needed to be on the motorcycle, and it was risky enough with three. Bumpy bellowed and I thought for a moment before smirking at Yaz, "Have fun on that death trap." I told her before jogging over to Bumpy.

"Mind if I join?" I asked the boys and Jayden smiled down at me, "Sure thing. Climb on." He reached down to help me up and I looked over to see Yaz glaring at me as she climbed on the motorcycle behind Brooklynn, Kenji now squished in the front. We made our way to the nearest tunnel and after a bit of struggle we managed to get everyone down and soon enough we were racing through said tunnels.

"We're doing this!" I heard Brooklynn shout followed by a groan from Kenji. Brooklynn swerved a little bit, the smooth flooring not helping her balance as Kenji shouted directions, us following behind on Bumpy.

"Left!" Kenji shouted and she turned that way, still swerving as he shouted again, "Now right! Right!" She took that turn a little wide, and they nearly fell off before Brooklynn managed to get them upright again.

"Could you maybe take some of those turns a little less murdery?!" Kenji asked in a shout before they all screamed, the brakes screeching as Brooklynn stopped abruptly so as not to run into the bars. We stopped behind them as Kenji groaned and fell off the bike dramatically. Ben and Jayden climbed off Bumpy and Ben went to investigate as Jay helped me down. Two short metal clangs came as Ben hit the bars with the prod we had taken with us.