⚖️/Chapter 26

Moments later, Wriothesley arrived at the execution site, Furina was there too.
Clorinde and Navia refused to see, but Neuvillette was there. Sigewinne was at Neuvillette's house, waiting for her fathers to return...Moments later, Wriothesley arrived at the execution site, Furina was there too.
______________________________

Wriothesley was nervous and anxious as he approached, Furina was clearly the one in charge of this situation. Furina was smiling cruelly as she saw Wriothesley get closer and closer to the execution site.

Wriothesley had this feeling of fear and sadness in his heart, he couldn’t stop imagining Neuvillette’s sadness at this moment and he wanted to see Sigewinne too. But he didn’t have time and had to listen to Furina’s mocking comments.

Wriothesley stood in the spot where he was supposed to be executed, the guards were nervous but Furina was looking forward to this.
Everyone was watching silently, they couldn’t believe this was happening.
"You have been found guilty, Wriothesley. Do you have any last words before we end this?"
Furina’s smile grew bigger as she waited for Wriothesley’s answer.

Wriothesley finally found the courage to talk.
"Before you kill me, Furina... please. Just stop for a moment and try to listen to me…"
Everyone looked at Wriothesley in surprise, especially Furina. Wriothesley then began speaking quickly. He didn‘t have a lot of time left.
"The people I killed weren’t angels, like you think. They were just as evil as I am. It is true that what I did wasn’t right, bu-"
Furina didn't let him finish his phrase, she cut his head off.

Neuvillette looked at the scene shocked. He couldn't speak, nor act.
Neuvillette took a few steps forward, falling to his knees in front of Wriothesley's body. The rain outside increased, but Neuvillette tried to hold back the tears, his expression was one of shock and pain.

Furina looked at Neuvillette with an annoyed expression on her face, she was expecting him to cry and beg her for mercy.
"Tsk, Neuvillette, you’re really hopeless. How could you care so much about such a monster?"
She then pointed towards Wriothesley’s severed head and continued.
"Look at his head, you really think a man like that deserves a second chance?! He was just as evil as you say, if you ask me he deserved to die."

Neuvillette did not speak, he had no words. He put his head on Wriothesley's chest and cried. Heavy rain was falling outside, and he was depressed.

Furina was annoyed by Neuvillette’s crying, she expected it but it was still annoying her. Furina then decided to say her last words, and leave the execution site with a smug smile on her face.
"Goodbye, Wriothesley! And goodbye, Neuvillette! I hope you and him suffer in Celestia!"
Furina left, still smiling cruelly, she was enjoying Neuvillette’s pain. But Neuvillette didn’t care about Furina, he was focused on Wriothesley.

And so, Neuvillette eventually had to return home. His face was full of tears and his expression was tired, his gaze was dull.
The rain was getting heavier and heavier, certain places in Fontaine flooded, clearly being the Hydro Dragon didn't have many privileges.
Neuvillette then arrived home, seeing his and Wriothesley's daughter sitting on the sofa, she noticed the rain and knew that the news was not good.

"Daddy! What about dad?"
Sigewinne asked, looking at Neuvillette, worried.

Neuvillette sat on the sofa, looking at the floor.
"Dad won't come back..."
Neuvillette felt terrible that he had to tell his daughter that her dad wouldn’t be coming home anymore…
"Sigewinne, it’s… a very sad day for me. Your father will not be coming home."

Sigewinne started crying hearing those words, she was already afraid of that situation but now it was confirmed.
"Dad's coming home, yes? He told me that he will."
Sigewinne seemed to be in denial…

Neuvillette sighed, he picked Sigewinne up and hugged her, poor thing, she was just a young child...
"He...is gone..."
Neuvillette whispered, crying lightly.

Sigewinne was devastated by her dad's words, she refused to believe it. Sigewinne kept hugging Neuvillette tightly and she buried her head in his chest to try an hide her tears. She felt like the whole world was crashing down on her, her beloved father was gone forever...
"No… this can’t happen, I don’t want to grow up without my dad… I want him back… he promised he would come back…"
Sigewinne cried even harder.

Neuvillette stroked her hair, whispering and trying to comfort her, he cried lightly.
"I know... I can't live without my husband either but..."
He sighed.
"I promise to be a good father to you, Sigewinne."

Sigewinne looked up at Neuvillette and saw how sad he was, knowing how much he loved Wriothesley, she knew how much he must be suffering now. She kept crying but she nodded to what he said.
"I know that you’ll take care of me, daddy, I know… thank you for being my father, I love you…"
Sigewinne hugged Neuvillette tightly, she didn’t want to say it out loud that her father was gone forever.

Neuvillette smiled lightly, he hugged Sigewinne too.
"I love you too, my beautiful daughter. Wriothesley loved you sooooo much too!"
He said, whispering.

Sigewinne looked at her father and smiled through her tears. The way he talked about Wriothesley made her miss him even more. She loved how much Neuvillette loved the man she called Dad. It reminded her how much Wriothesley loved both of them, he had always been there for them and would’ve continued to do so. Sigewinne felt happy that she could still be loved by Neuvillette even if Wriothesley wasn't around anymore.
"I know daddy! He loved us so much, I love you so much daddy…"

Neuvillette continued stroking Sigewinne's hair.
"Daddy loves you too."
He said.

Sigewinne started thinking to herself, what if Neuvillette loved another man to replace Wriothesley? She felt that she already knew what her father would say when she asked that question.
"Daddy… what if… you want to get a new husband?…"

Neuvillette sighed, he knew this was coming.
"Oh Sigewinne… I really don’t think I’ll ever love someone like I loved your father."

Sigewinne felt happy to hear that, she didn’t want to lose her father to another man.
"I’m glad daddy, he was really special to me…"
Sigewinne felt a bit relieved now that she heard what she wanted to hear. Her father might be gone forever, but that didn’t mean there was going to be another man to replace him…
"Can we have tea now daddy?"

Neuvillette chuckled at Sigewinne’s words, she was only a young girl after all. Sigewinne could be very naive at times, which is probably why Neuvillette loved her so much.
"Sure, we can have tea."
He said. Tea... This reminded him of Wriothesley. Wriothesley loved tea.

Neuvillette then went to the kitchen and made some tea for him and Sigewwine, it would be difficult to take care of a child alone. Even so, he tried to be positive, he didn't want his daughter to be in depression...